PDA

View Full Version : Child one day a week - paperwork?

gw minder
18-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Hello,
I'm new to this site, but have been a registered child for several years now.

For the first time, I will be having a part - timer (one day a week). She will be attending a nursery for the other four days.

My question is, What paperwork am I obliged to do? I know the obvious such as contract and attendance, but do I still need to do observations, profiles etc? It just seems a bit daft as I suspect that the nursery will be doing one for her?

Many thanks in advance

Natalie

ja-lula-belli
18-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry I have no comment but am interested in the answer as I have a one day a week enquiry. X

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

scottishlass
18-09-2013, 07:52 PM
I still do same paperwork for my 1 day a week such as observations just not as many as for my full timer but my 1 day a week doesn't go to another setting xx

Rick
18-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Hello,
I'm new to this site, but have been a registered child for several years now.

For the first time, I will be having a part - timer (one day a week). She will be attending a nursery for the other four days.

My question is, What paperwork am I obliged to do? I know the obvious such as contract and attendance, but do I still need to do observations, profiles etc? It just seems a bit daft as I suspect that the nursery will be doing one for her?

Many thanks in advance

Natalie

You still need to do exactly the same as for a full timer, but scaled down of course. You still have to follow the EYFS and be able to show evidence of progression with a one day a week mindee. You should also contact the nursery and keep in contact to compliment what each setting is doing with the child.

moggy
18-09-2013, 08:10 PM
You still need to do exactly the same as for a full timer, but scaled down of course. You still have to follow the EYFS and be able to show evidence of progression with a one day a week mindee. You should also contact the nursery and keep in contact to compliment what each setting is doing with the child.

all of that plus the register, contracts, policies/permissions, sending out newsletters, updates with parents, planning, keeping child records, invoices, receipts... that is why I do not take on one-day-a-week children, just not worth it for the money I find.

AdeleMarie88
18-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I think it depends on hours they do, as I was told by my network co-ordinator, I have a three yr old who does 5 hours a week, I don't have to do any profiles for them! X

moggy
18-09-2013, 08:47 PM
I think it depends on hours they do, as I was told by my network co-ordinator, I have a three yr old who does 5 hours a week, I don't have to do any profiles for them! X

Eeek, be careful, I think your DO is wrong.

It needs to be in proportion with the hours they are with you, yes... but still needs to be done.

No where in EYFS does it say learning & dev work does not not need to be done if under 'x' hours.

5 hours a week is still enough time for a child to achieve things, for you to notice how they are developing and for you to check if that is in line with expectations or not, for them to create artworks to record etc.

I doubt Ofsted would care what your DO said. I'd think again about what you are doing- even if it is a simple scrap book with a few notes in at least it is something to show.

AdeleMarie88
18-09-2013, 08:55 PM
I keep a daily dairy which has art work and photos but it is nothing in comparison to my full timers, Ofsted saw it in feb and said it was fine, although I am hugely aware of the inconsistencies throughout Ofsted. For those five hours I believe I am sufficiently documenting her development, I think as long as you can justify your paperwork, Ofsted tend to be happy x

moggy
19-09-2013, 11:32 AM
I keep a daily dairy which has art work and photos but it is nothing in comparison to my full timers, Ofsted saw it in feb and said it was fine, although I am hugely aware of the inconsistencies throughout Ofsted. For those five hours I believe I am sufficiently documenting her development, I think as long as you can justify your paperwork, Ofsted tend to be happy x

That sounds perfect. It is doing nothing for a 5-hour a week child which I think would concern Ofsted. Sounds like you do plenty.