PDA

View Full Version : safeguarding level 2

andrea48
17-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I need to do a safeguarding level 2 course and wondered if anyone could recommend a cheap course, and let me know what the course is like??? also I may be a thicky but I am not sure wether I am posting the correct way???? lol......help!!!!

Bluebell
17-09-2013, 08:47 PM
think you must be managing to post the correct way cos I can see your question about a training course - in the training section - yay!!

Is it worth asking your DO or checking out your local LA website?

I am in Devon and we have a CPD website. When you log on it shows all the local courses available and you can book online.
Safeguarding level 2 is provided free by our local authority and it is also available online so you can do it in your own time. Personally I am glad I did the actual course first time as I didn't think much of the online version. I've recently done it again and it was just a matter of ticking boxes but I had to do it to go on to do level 3 so I'm sure the level 3 will be more in depth.

sarah707
18-09-2013, 06:49 AM
At the moment safeguarding training hast to be Local Authority approved - so you need to go back and ask them.

We think this will probably be changing soon and there are a number of very good courses out there including one from Educare which are excellent for ongoing CPD...

But for now they have to be LA approved :D

Rick
18-09-2013, 06:54 AM
think you must be managing to post the correct way cos I can see your question about a training course - in the training section - yay!!

Is it worth asking your DO or checking out your local LA website?

I am in Devon and we have a CPD website. When you log on it shows all the local courses available and you can book online.
Safeguarding level 2 is provided free by our local authority and it is also available online so you can do it in your own time. Personally I am glad I did the actual course first time as I didn't think much of the online version. I've recently done it again and it was just a matter of ticking boxes but I had to do it to go on to do level 3 so I'm sure the level 3 will be more in depth.

I have literally just done the safeguarding unit for level 3 and it is the longest on one the course so yes it is quite in depth! My tutor also suggested I do the unit in summer as doing this kind of unit when it's dark outside might be a bit depressing! I would never have thought of that but she was probably right :D

andrea48
18-09-2013, 07:02 AM
thank you so much for replying, I am also in devon and have had a look on cpd Torbay but cant seem to find a course online to do, I will double check today and thank you once again for replyin to my message

Bluebell
18-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Andrea I'll see if I can find the link to CPD safeguarding - is Torbay Councl treated differently from Devon council? I know Plymouth can be sometimes so its confusing!

I've just messaged you a link - I hope it works and you can book on through the site.

Bluebell
18-09-2013, 08:16 AM
I have literally just done the safeguarding unit for level 3 and it is the longest on one the course so yes it is quite in depth! My tutor also suggested I do the unit in summer as doing this kind of unit when it's dark outside might be a bit depressing! I would never have thought of that but she was probably right :D

I've got 'box of tissues' on my list of things to take that's for sure. I recently did Domestic Violence and Abuse and that was heavy going too.