PDA

View Full Version : Contact inspector or not?

sprinkles
17-09-2013, 10:33 AM
You will probably have read my thread from yesterday and after a long talk with hubby last night we've decided childminding just isn't for me. Hubby said he had reservations to begin with but said he had to let me follow my dream, and now I have and know it's not for me.

I would like to continue minding until I find another job but if I did have to give up before I found something else we would manage but it wouldn't be ideal. I'm due my first inspection before the end of January (which I don't see the point in stressing/worrying about if I'm not going to continue anyway) so my question is, would you contact inspector now and explain situation then see what he advises doing? Or would you leave it until inspector rings (I'm guessing he will ring to find out when I'm working)?

JCrakers
17-09-2013, 10:47 AM
I would just carry on as normal, I wouldn't ring but wait until they ring you and then explain the situation. I was minding 11 months before my first inspection so you never know when they are going to come.

Then you can look for another job whilst minding as long as you can cope with it. If you feel you can't then give notice and work the notice period.
Well done for making a decision, its hard and now you've made it you can take a deep breath an onto the next :)

sprinkles
17-09-2013, 10:54 AM
I would just carry on as normal, I wouldn't ring but wait until they ring you and then explain the situation. I was minding 11 months before my first inspection so you never know when they are going to come.

Then you can look for another job whilst minding as long as you can cope with it. If you feel you can't then give notice and work the notice period.
Well done for making a decision, its hard and now you've made it you can take a deep breath an onto the next :)

Thank you! I will see how I go - it's okay just now so think I'll maybe carry on until inspector contacts me. Better to be bringing in the little bit of money I am just now than nothing at all!

singingcactus
17-09-2013, 11:07 AM
I would agree with jcrackers. Hope you find the perfect job soon xx

sprinkles
17-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I would agree with jcrackers. Hope you find the perfect job soon xx

Thank you! Making the decision was the hardest part (along with telling hubby as I thought he would be annoyed because I've spent so much money setting up) so I think now I've made that decision I can breathe a sigh of relief! It will still be a long process as jobs here are few and far between, or none for ages then loads at once!

bindy
17-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Just would like to know, what reason? Is it the paper work or the kids? or a mixture of things? I have a few friends who started and with in a few months packed in. For them, it was the paper work and getting in a stew regarding Ofsted visit. I think it all can be overwhelming. Good Luck with your plans, hope you find a new job soon!

kellyskidz!
17-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Nothing more to add, other than I'm sorry it didn't work out as planned for you but this is your chance to go out and find what you want to do! Exciting more than anything, good luck xxx

sprinkles
17-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Just would like to know, what reason? Is it the paper work or the kids? or a mixture of things? I have a few friends who started and with in a few months packed in. For them, it was the paper work and getting in a stew regarding Ofsted visit. I think it all can be overwhelming. Good Luck with your plans, hope you find a new job soon!

It's a mixture really. I'm not enjoying it half as much as I thought I would and I find the paperwork hard! I hate not being able to switch off come 5pm and am constantly thinking about paperwork, planning etc etc so feel like I'm never away from work. I want our house to go back to being our haven, where we can relax and enjoy spending time together.

Thank you, I hope so too!

bindy
17-09-2013, 07:01 PM
It's a mixture really. I'm not enjoying it half as much as I thought I would and I find the paperwork hard! I hate not being able to switch off come 5pm and am constantly thinking about paperwork, planning etc etc so feel like I'm never away from work. I want our house to go back to being our haven, where we can relax and enjoy spending time together.

Thank you, I hope so too!

I understand where you are coming from! Good Luck!