PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks to lose 1.5 stone

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Back in 2009 I started my weight loss journey with Cambridge because of an impending holiday with a "friend" of my sons coming along. I started in July and by November I had lost 4 stone. Slowly it has crept back up again but now I have new purpose and am starting again.

I am off to Bali in 5 weeks to meet my mum and my sisters for a bit of R & R and am sad to say I don't like the way I look ):

Sooooooooooooo

I weighed in on Friday night and my aim is now to lose a minimum of 1.5 stone by Friday 18th October when I take off for sunny weather and hopefully a suitcase full of clothes that once fitted me.

Anyone else with Cambridge or who is just starting this week, join the post and keep it updated with your losses...

Mrs Scrubbit
15-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Gosh you did well in 2009! good luck this time too and have a super holiday in Oct. xx

sprinkles
15-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Good luck!! I'm on weight watchers at the moments and have lost 2 stone since February, although really need to get back into it as been slacking a bit recently! I have another stone to lost before my wedding in May.

Mrs Scrubbit
15-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Good luck!! I'm on weight watchers at the moments and have lost 2 stone since February, although really need to get back into it as been slacking a bit recently! I have another stone to lost before my wedding in May.

Well done-keep up the good work your nearly there:clapping: xx

sprinkles
15-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Well done-keep up the good work your nearly there:clapping: xx

Thank you! Been on holiday this week so it's more likely to be about 1.5 to lose now lol xx

munch149
16-09-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm trying to lose a little for my wedding in April but getting nowhere. I'm not on any particular diet as I know I won't stick to them but I have cut down on portion sizes of food and upped the exercise.(never really did any before). I've even started on the acai berry tablets which haven't made a difference (was alway sceptical but am glad to say it has improved my ibs tho so an continuing to take.) I got asked when I was due the other day and nearly died. I bloat really badly which is the main culprit for that but still need to lose a little. Any advice

hectors house
16-09-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm trying to lose a little for my wedding in April but getting nowhere. I'm not on any particular diet as I know I won't stick to them but I have cut down on portion sizes of food and upped the exercise.(never really did any before). I've even started on the acai berry tablets which haven't made a difference (was alway sceptical but am glad to say it has improved my ibs tho so an continuing to take.) I got asked when I was due the other day and nearly died. I bloat really badly which is the main culprit for that but still need to lose a little. Any advice

You could try to keep a food diary to try to find out which foods make you bloat - also if you are honest and write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth you may find a pattern that shows that a certain time of the day you eat more snacks, once you highlight it you can then swap your snacks for a healthier alternative or it maybe a time that you are bored and you need to do something to keep you busy. I am terrible if I sit down with a book, I just want to nibble on chocolate or pringles but doing things like knitting or crochet that involves using your hands means I can't stuff handfuls of junk in my mouth - also don't want to get the wool grubby.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-09-2013, 07:22 AM

I have a friend who suffers IBS and she sucked on polo's and drinks peppermint tea

munch149
16-09-2013, 09:24 AM
I have a friend who suffers IBS and she sucked on polo's and drinks peppermint tea

I can't stand peppermint but I do find sucking on sweets in general can help at times

loocyloo
16-09-2013, 11:59 AM
I am terrible if I sit down with a book, I just want to nibble on chocolate or pringles but doing things like knitting or crochet that involves using your hands means I can't stuff handfuls of junk in my mouth - also don't want to get the wool grubby.

that's why I started doing embroidery ... its stops me eating at the same time! I don't eat on the go at all, but whenever I stop and sit down I eat!

good luck everyone.

I 'just' need to start running again ... once i'm in the habit its ok, but I can't get motivated to go, plus, starting work at 7.30 am is not conducive to early morning runs! ( and I can only run in the morning! )

x

KAZBAZ55
16-09-2013, 12:03 PM
I did try the Dukan diet & lost 1.5 stone in 4 weeks. Think may try again as I want to lose some for the christmas ladies night out weve just booked. Yay!!! :laughing::laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
16-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Well today is day 3 and it is the one I always struggle with. I have had 1 extra bar than I should have and a piece of chicken (allowed) but even though I am not hungry, I want fooooooood.

So far I have resisted anything else so now the knitting is coming out and an early night is on to stop me binging.

3lb down - 18lb to go...

How is everyone else doing?

smurfette
16-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Can I join? Trying to lose 8 kilos what's that about 24 pounds? So far have lost 3 kilos .. I am using my net diary app which tracks what you eat and your exercise .. According to it I should be able to lose this by mid December

I am swimming most nights do about 30 mins up to 50-60 widths a time , for my back but have found I am Losing weight .. Don't really want to diet but cutting out the wine!

AdeleMarie88
16-09-2013, 07:01 PM
I started the 5:2 fasting diet and have been on it for around 9 weeks now, and I have lost 1stone 7lbs, but lost the 1stone after just 4 weeks, the remaining 7lbs has come off very slowly. I am feeling fantastic, BMI is in healthy range, blood pressure, cholesterol is down (family history with the two of those). Other side affects include much better skin, sleeping better, and everyone days how great I look.

I really couldn't recommend this diet enough, having never been on any diet before, this was more of a health driven choice, promising to help fight against heart disease and cancers, (also in the family)

Good luck!

KAZBAZ55
16-09-2013, 07:13 PM
5:2 fasting diet....not heard if it what is it? x

AdeleMarie88
16-09-2013, 07:49 PM
It's amazing, you eat normally for 5 days, and then for two days you fast, eating only 500 calories a day. You can have these calories how you want, as one meal or spread throughout the day. I try to have as one meal because my other half doesn't fast!

The idea is that your body is tricked and speeds up your metabolism as it doesn't know when it will be refuelled! Loads of tests and research has been conducted into fasting, it's very similar to the feast or famine principle from Middle Ages, they ate like kings when food was there, but could also go for days without eating. This sort of calorie restriction exists all over the world, actually the idea of eating three square meals with snacks in between was introduced my American food companies, you can see how this benefited them. By fasting a couple of days a week, you strengthen your body, and cells, which are produced every second, repair themselves, rather than reproduce, which very simply put is why it helps prevent some cancers.

Can you tell I love the diet?!

coffee-time
16-09-2013, 09:40 PM
I lost 2 and a half stone on the Cambridge diet about 2 years ago it took 3 months, ive kept the weight off until this year, so started on it again 2 weeks ago, need to lose about 12 pounds to get back to target, ive lost 5 so far, I find it harder this time, I think because I have less to lose its coming off a bit slower but ill get there! good luck with yours x

Chatterbox Childcare
17-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Anyone can join so please just add how you are going - we can keep each other focused.

Coffee time - this is over 100th time since I have started my 2nd time so keep in there. I am only going to suceed this time because I have a focus and goal.

AdeleMarie88
17-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Good luck everyone! Xx

Chatterbox Childcare
19-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Weighed in last night and after 5 days I lost 3lb - must try harder and don't weigh in after tea :)

Chatterbox Childcare
25-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Gutted - just weighed in at week 2 and only lost a pound. On the plus side I have lost 3.5 inches so hoping next week will be better.

Anyone else weighed in yet? Post good or bad..

Need to lose 21lb - lost 4 and 3 weeks to go

coffee-time
25-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I lost 3 lb in the first week and 2 in the second, not great for the cambridge but i did have a meal out one night and had a few chips! this week ive been rubbish picking off the kids plates and eating things i shouldnt! its def harder this time round! I only want to lose about another 4 lb but its a struggle!
Have you been sticking to it properly or cheating a little bit like me! also I dont drink enough water and i know it helps if you do drink a lot.
keep it up you will get there in the end xx

smurfette
25-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Just been reading about water kefir and how it can help with weight loss, anyone any experience of this?

Chatterbox Childcare
25-09-2013, 12:21 PM
I have been sticking to it mostly. I am doing sole source plus so have 3 products and a meal but I was so hungry I had an extra bar which I am cutting out this week. I also do not drink enough water so am back on the decaffinated tea. ):

Lets go for it this week ladies...

TNT
25-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Can I join you? I have lost nearly 2 stone, just 2 pounds off, since june. I joined slimming world and have found it incredibly easy! I lost 5 and a half pounds in my first week. Am down to losing between half a pound and 2 pounds a week now.
I am strugglinga at the moment as am very stressed about our house move which is pretty imminent now. I feel as though I need a glass of wine to relax, which turns into 2 glasses and then the munchies kick in and I give in because I have had 2 glasses of wine!
No wine for me this week! I want to lose those 2 pounds which means I only have 1 stone left to lose altogether.

KAZBAZ55
25-09-2013, 01:05 PM
It's amazing, you eat normally for 5 days, and then for two days you fast, eating only 500 calories a day. You can have these calories how you want, as one meal or spread throughout the day. I try to have as one meal because my other half doesn't fast!

The idea is that your body is tricked and speeds up your metabolism as it doesn't know when it will be refuelled! Loads of tests and research has been conducted into fasting, it's very similar to the feast or famine principle from Middle Ages, they ate like kings when food was there, but could also go for days without eating. This sort of calorie restriction exists all over the world, actually the idea of eating three square meals with snacks in between was introduced my American food companies, you can see how this benefited them. By fasting a couple of days a week, you strengthen your body, and cells, which are produced every second, repair themselves, rather than reproduce, which very simply put is why it helps prevent some cancers.

Ok I know its now nearly 2 weeks later..oops!! But what do you eat on this diet...think I'm gonna give it ago. So do you eat completely normally on the 5 days?? And what have you actually been eating on the 2 fast days?? Thanks :D

AdeleMarie88
25-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Ok I know its now nearly 2 weeks later..oops!! But what do you eat on this diet...think I'm gonna give it ago. So do you eat completely normally on the 5 days?? And what have you actually been eating on the 2 fast days?? Thanks :D

On the two fast days I get up have a black coffee and a pint of water, around 8.30am I then have nothing all day except water. If I cannot hold any longer I will have an apple and a small handful of plain popcorn. Leaving me with around 430 calories for evening meal, which is lot really! I have lots of vegetarian meals on fast days, BBcC Good Food or Hairy Dieters have some amazing receipts! I make veggie burgers, stir fry, steamed fish and vegetables...

You can split your 500 calories how you want, so you can eat more in the day than I do, but I find as my OH isn't doing the diet, it's easier for me to save my calories for my evening meal.

Since I posted my original comment I have lost a further 4lbs, it really works, with very little effort. And you really can eat what you want on the other days, including cake, but you soon find you don't really want it! Good luck x

The Juggler
25-09-2013, 06:25 PM

oh hon, dont' spend your money on expensive 'aids' honestly. food replacementn meals/drinks can work for short term, quick loss but those tablets and supplements I don't think are good for you. :panic:

best weight loss advice/programme I ever followed (which i stick to 70:30 even now 2 years on) is eat caveman i.e. eat natural. things that aren't put together so healthy meat, fish, veg and keep 'put together' foods to a minimum so your pasta, bread, sweets, fizzy drinks (even diet drinks).

Be careful with sauces too. Use natural dressing like oil and balsamic.

keep dairy to a minimum but add small amounts of cheese to salad.

eat lots of grilled fish/meat (size and thickness of your palm) then fill your face with as much veg as you need so you are not hungry! Portion size of veggies is unlimited but go easier with root veggies (carrots, parsnips etc). If you like salad go for dark green leaves (spinach, lambs leaf, rocket, watercress) not iceberg as there is no nutritional value to it and it won't fill you. make it more exciting with olives, peppers, different tomatoes.

If you do eat rice or pasta - then a portion the size of your fist and preferably within 45 mins of a short workout.

treat yourself at weekends with choccies and wine - but avoid beer.

And Debbie all the best with your weight loss, and Bali!!!!!!!!!!!! so jealous - lucky thing.

Juggs xx

catminder
25-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Just seen this thread. Over the last 18months I have lost about 3st on the Slim-fast shakes. I think I have another couple of stone to lose yet and as already said I just need to focus. I had a bad week last week but want to get back on track now. Good luck everyone
Alison X

sprinkles
25-09-2013, 06:27 PM
On the two fast days I get up have a black coffee and a pint of water, around 8.30am I then have nothing all day except water. If I cannot hold any longer I will have an apple and a small handful of plain popcorn. Leaving me with around 430 calories for evening meal, which is lot really! I have lots of vegetarian meals on fast days, BBcC Good Food or Hairy Dieters have some amazing receipts! I make veggie burgers, stir fry, steamed fish and vegetables... You can split your 500 calories how you want, so you can eat more in the day than I do, but I find as my OH isn't doing the diet, it's easier for me to save my calories for my evening meal. Since I posted my original comment I have lost a further 4lbs, it really works, with very little effort. And you really can eat what you want on the other days, including cake, but you soon find you don't really want it! Good luck x

This is really interesting as I'm starting to struggle with weight watchers. I'm two stone down since February which is amazing and I just have one more to go but I'm stuck at this weight! I don't really eat more than I'm meant to but still don't seem to be losing much although I think part of that is because I don't drink enough!

Chatterbox Childcare
25-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Okay - challenge 1 - who can lose the most by Wednesday 2nd October - 9am weigh in figures please

smurfette
25-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Okay - challenge 1 - who can lose the most by Wednesday 2nd October - 9am weigh in figures please

You are on!!

sprinkles
25-09-2013, 08:14 PM

I only weigh in on a Thursday evening. I find weighing yourself at different times each week gives you a false reading - I could be 3lb down come Monday but by Thursday I may have actually only lost 2lb.

coffee-time
26-09-2013, 12:35 PM
well ive completely lost the plot these last couple of days eating anything and everything, im so cross with myself but just cant help it!! I think I need hypnosis!!

Chatterbox Childcare
26-09-2013, 01:06 PM
well ive completely lost the plot these last couple of days eating anything and everything, im so cross with myself but just cant help it!! I think I need hypnosis!!

My fingers are wavering to you - can you feel it :)

Repeat I will do better, I will do better :)

KAZBAZ55
30-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Oops only just saw your challenge so may be a little late for wed morning weigh in but I will definitely join in on challenge 2 when you post it hun!!! Good luck everyone else (oh and I'm def gonna try the 5:2 diet ) xx

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Do inches count - rubbish weight loss for the last two weeks but am 5.5" smaller on the tape measure. Go figure that one out?

The Juggler
30-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Do inches count - rubbish weight loss for the last two weeks but am 5.5" smaller on the tape measure. Go figure that one out?

that's fab - if you've lost inches then you've lost bodyfat - tapemeasure can't lie. If you are drinking lots of water that will affect your weight later in the day so if it's a late morning or evening weigh in it's not a true reflection. Weigh yourself first thing in morning, after a pee and pref with only undies on.

jadavi
30-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Hypnosis didn't work!! Tried it!

jadavi
02-10-2013, 05:35 AM
AdelleMarie I think I will try the 5:2 diet.

Should the two days be next to each other or can it be any? Also can I vary which days?

Chatterbox Childcare
02-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Keep going everyone - doesn't matter which method you try as long as you keep trying (I tell myself this everyday!).

I had to go to Morrisons last night and came home with chocolate, as you do, for everyone but me! :) :)

Did anyone else weigh and have their results? I lost 0lb :(

Cinnamon Sugar
02-10-2013, 08:35 AM

I've just started this diet too, can I join in with the posts? Lost 2.5 lbs this week, was hoping for more as I've about 3stone to lose.

sprinkles
02-10-2013, 09:39 AM
I've just weighed myself but have no idea how much I've lost as my scales are different to the ones at weigh in. I was 2lb heavier on mine than at weigh in last week and today I'm 6lb lighter on mine than I was on them last week...but I doubt I've lost all that lol exactly why I only weigh myself on a Thursday evening at weigh in. I better have lost something tomorrow night though because I haven't even had one treat this week or gone over my points at all - best I've been for months and months!

sprinkles
02-10-2013, 09:42 AM
I've just started this diet too, can I join in with the posts? Lost 2.5 lbs this week, was hoping for more as I've about 3stone to lose.

Do you actually know how much 2.5lb is though? When you actually see how much fat it is....it's a lot! 1lb is the equivalent to a big tin of beans (I think that's what it was anyway). I always get disheartened if I've only lost 1lb or so but when I remember that I feel quite good.

A loss is a loss and slower is better anyway! I'm 2 stone down with 1 still to go and it's taken me 7 months to get here...with a loss every week except the week after my holiday where I put on 0.5lb.

sprinkles
02-10-2013, 09:44 AM
This is 1lb of fat!! It's a lot so don't get disheartened if you only lose 1lb sometimes!!

AdeleMarie88
02-10-2013, 10:08 AM
AdelleMarie I think I will try the 5:2 diet. Should the two days be next to each other or can it be any? Also can I vary which days?

They can be any days, I do Monday and Thursday! It is suggested, for better results, that they are non consecutive, as this helps you resist the urge to binge! Loads of good forums and advice for 5:2 diet x

AdeleMarie88
02-10-2013, 10:15 AM

2.5 lbs is great! Loads of tips on forums for more! I would suggest loads of water and fill up on veggies during fast days. This isn't meant to be a quick fix, this is a long term diet x

sprinkles
02-10-2013, 10:45 AM
This isn't meant to be a quick fix, this is a long term diet x

Totally agree with this - my beautician does the 5:2 as a way of maintaining but also losing a wee bit but slowly.

Once I'm down to my target I'm thinking of going on to it to help me maintain.

AdeleMarie88
02-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Totally agree with this - my beautician does the 5:2 as a way of maintaining but also losing a wee bit but slowly. Once I'm down to my target I'm thinking of going on to it to help me maintain.

Yes I am about 4/5lbs off my target weight and then I will just do one fast day for ever to maintain. :) hope you enjoy fasting as much as I do!

Cinnamon Sugar
02-10-2013, 12:50 PM
2.5 lbs is great! Loads of tips on forums for more! I would suggest loads of water and fill up on veggies during fast days. This isn't meant to be a quick fix, this is a long term diet x

Oh good, was wondering if it should have been more with it being my first week. I've decided to do Tues and Thurs so I don't have to think about it. First couple of 'fasts' weren't too bad but I struggled a bit yesterday, feeling pretty positive after reading the posts on here. Going to look for 5:2 forum too :-)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Fantastic news - keep it up

sprinkles
03-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Woohoo, 4lb down this week :D just another stone to go til I'm in my healthy BMI range but will probably want to lose about another 1.5 stone in total! I'm determined to lose another 11lb before my birthday - have got another 3 weigh ins before then!

AdeleMarie88
04-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Woohoo, 4lb down this week :D just another stone to go til I'm in my healthy BMI range but will probably want to lose about another 1.5 stone in total! I'm determined to lose another 11lb before my birthday - have got another 3 weigh ins before then!

Congratulations!! That's incredible! :)

Cinnamon Sugar
04-10-2013, 08:14 AM

Great news! Well done, you must be chuffed :-)

sprinkles
04-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Congratulations!! That's incredible! :)

Thank you :)

sprinkles
04-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Great news! Well done, you must be chuffed :-)

Yeah, really chuffed :D I'm now the lightest I've been for as long as I can remember :) and my size 12 trousers are hanging off me! I've never been a size 10 since I was at school lol. Just a wee bit to go now, nearly there - just need to stick at it!

I'm managing to have a Chinese takeaway tonight and stay within my daily points!!

js1976
04-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Prob no help with losing weight so quickly, but I've been doing the best I ever have on the 5/2 or fast diet. Can just about manage to starve myself for a day knowing I can eat whatever I like the next day. Losing about 2lb a week.

Good luck!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Go Sprinkles, that is fantastic news. Wish I was as disciplined as you - I am really struggling. All the biscuits are gone now so onwards and upwards

Well done everyone else - keep going

sprinkles
04-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Go Sprinkles, that is fantastic news. Wish I was as disciplined as you - I am really struggling. All the biscuits are gone now so onwards and upwards Well done everyone else - keep going

Lol we don't have biscuits or chocolate in the house - I could eat a whole packet in one sitting! We do have weightwatchers mini rolls etc but I only have them if I've got points left. We also only have wotsits or quavers as they're the least pointed crisps.

I've been pretty bad the past few weeks before this one but was determined to be good and see what difference it made - and it would seem, a lot! Really motivates you when you lose but very disheartening when you've been good but don't lose much! I probably won't lose much next week to compensate but I'm still going to be good :)

Cinnamon Sugar
07-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Prob no help with losing weight so quickly, but I've been doing the best I ever have on the 5/2 or fast diet. Can just about manage to starve myself for a day knowing I can eat whatever I like the next day. Losing about 2lb a week.

Good luck!

I'm enjoying this too. Lost another 2lbs this week :-) Monday morning is my weigh in day.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-10-2013, 08:45 AM
I have been better but still not good enough. It's Monday again so here goes, a good two days before weigh in tomorrow night :)

Daisy De
07-10-2013, 08:58 AM
I have been going to Slimming World for last six weeks. I have a lot to lose but so far have lost 1 stone 12.5lbs. Also I have never eaten so much in my life it's great :-)

Chatterbox Childcare
17-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Well the day is here and I lost 7lb. Really not good enough but better than nothing

Hope everyone keeps the good work up and I intend to embark on another course to lose it all when I get back

Bali bound and haaaaaaoy

sprinkles
17-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Well the day is here and I lost 7lb. Really not good enough but better than nothing Hope everyone keeps the good work up and I intend to embark on another course to lose it all when I get back Bali bound and haaaaaaoy dde03dde03dde03dde03dde03dde03

7lb is better than nothing though :thumbsup:

AdeleMarie88
17-10-2013, 01:59 PM
7lbs is half a stone, that's really good :) congratulations and enjoy the holiday! So jealous, grey skies here today x

sprinkles
17-10-2013, 02:06 PM
How's everyone else getting on? I've got weigh in tonight but not holding my breath - stood on the scales earlier and I've put on 3.5lb! Only lost 0.5lb last week which I expected due to the 4lb loss the week before. Can't say I've had an overly bad week but not my best - had a bag of jelly sweets on Tuesday and some Ben & Jerry's yesterday...oops! But..I did start doing the 30 day shred on Monday so not really expecting to lose anything this week as will be building muscle but I didn't expect to have put on 3.5lb!! I've only put on 3 times and haven't even put on 3.5lb in total so I'm going to be gutted if I have put that much on tonight!!

The Juggler
17-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Well the day is here and I lost 7lb. Really not good enough but better than nothing

Hope everyone keeps the good work up and I intend to embark on another course to lose it all when I get back

Bali bound and haaaaaaoy 

7lbs!!!!!! that's half a stone - that's amazing Chatterbox :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

AdeleMarie88
02-12-2013, 10:06 AM
How is everyone doing??

I need a bit of motivation, my weight loss has come to a bit of a stand still, I haven't put on, which is good, but would like to shift 5lbs before Christmas!!

I'm on the 5:2 diet, and have already lost 2stone, without exercise...but need a bit of extra push! Is anyone else fasting? Do you have any good recipe ideas?? Xxx

AdeleMarie88
02-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Just found this picture on Pinterest, will stick to fridge I think! :)

munch149
02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
How is everyone doing?? I need a bit of motivation, my weight loss has come to a bit of a stand still, I haven't put on, which is good, but would like to shift 5lbs before Christmas!! I'm on the 5:2 diet, and have already lost 2stone, without exercise...but need a bit of extra push! Is anyone else fasting? Do you have any good recipe ideas?? Xxx

What's 5:2 diet?

AdeleMarie88
02-12-2013, 12:04 PM
What's 5:2 diet?

Its eating normally for 5 days of the week, and then fasting for any two days of your choice, preferably non consecutive days. On these 2 fast days you can only have 500 calories, you can use them how you want, across two meals or a snack and main meal, however you want, but no more than 500!

Its great because your not limited all day everyday. If its a fast day and you are craving a big chocolate bar or cream cake, you can just tell yourself, I will have it tomorrow if I want it! I found myself not tempted to cheat because nothing is off limits on non fast days, and you often find you don't want fatty foods soon enough anyway!

I couldn't speak more highly of it! Aside from weight loss, it has massive health benefits too, reduces cholesterol, blood pressure, and heart related illnesses. Its also meant to make you more alert, and switched on, so to speak! I also suffer from mild IBS which has disappeared, and I used to get horrendous period pains, but that has also stopped!!

:) I will be fasting now forever! I reached my target goal so just fasted for one day a week to maintain that weight, but with Xmas coming I will go back to two days. Its so flexible!!