PDA

View Full Version : doubts setting in

kimmy79
14-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi all,
had a new child start wednesday which was a bit of a last minute decision on parents part (due to distance) but i had met them and child before etc and they ask me the on the tuesday to have baby as of the next day as they were due back to work!......they came and did all the normal paperwork and dropped baby off wednesday morning. This has been such a hard week with baby (3 days a week) weds and thurs was constant screaming, friday was much better but i feel drained!! Baby has an issue struggling to poop and causes pain and irritation etc and is under the hospital so i know some of this contributes to her crying etc but i feel really tired, mentally drained and emotional at the moment, is this normal? :blush:

I was also due to have 2 older children start today but they never turned up and not even a phonecall to explain why.....had mum on the phone last night asking why should she have to sign contracts, why should she pay if she cant bring them, why should she pay extra during weekend hours blah blah blah.....all of this was discussed at our initial face to face meeting!! Thinking i had a lucky escape there but just needed to rant! :angry:

thanks for reading.......hopefully tomorrows child turns up!

caz3007
14-09-2013, 02:14 PM
I have a child who has problems poohing and she has been with me 3 weeks now but we haven't had problems all the time. I feel sorry for the baby and you, it doesn't understand whats happened, obviously no time for you both to get to know each other before being left. I hope it settles and gets better for you.

And do you work on a Sunday :eek:

VeggieSausage
14-09-2013, 04:04 PM
v lucky escape by the sounds of it!! let them find some other childcare where they don't have to sign anything or pay....re:baby, may not be constipation but just settling in, it will get better i hope for you, v tiring isn't it :group hug:

sarah707
14-09-2013, 07:23 PM
It is very hard when a lo cries constantly whatever the cause. I'd ask parents about doing a home visit - see how lo is there - does s/he cry all the time? Where does s/he play? What are favourite toys / games etc?

You can learn so much about how parents manage their child's needs which will help you. Hugs xx

kellyjef
14-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I feel for you im having the same thing little one came for two settle in sessions both 2 hours cried for the two hours both times screaming. It was very upsetting for myself and my own little one. Mum said little one is very clingy and was meant to go to a private daycare but cried the whole time. I told her ill see how it goes as little one is so lovely but it is so draining im hoping after awhile little one will settle.

kimmy79
15-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all the replies, its helps to know its not just me going through it! @caz3007 yes i do work sundays, my oh works long shifts thursday to monday so i dont mind doing weekends, i dont work monday or tuesday (this is my weeekend lol).

@veggie sausage the child is under the hospital and has medication for her problem and sometimes will go 2 days without pooping so by the time she gets to me she is in pain and wound up, parents said hospital has advised thats its now psychological but will review in october, im already dreading next weeks sessions!

She brings her favourite toys etc and i have her daily routine information etc but i just dont know if i can keep going with her, my own lo gets quite upset by her constant crying and i just feel quite isolated by it all :huh:

I have trained hard, spent so much time researching and doing paperwork etc and now i just dont know if this is for me :( I have worked with children for years, volunteering, nurseries, etc but being at home is hard with a cryer and she wont settle anywhere so i'm afraid to even attempt a baby group atm as she screams when any one goes near her, she screams at my lo and its very stressing!

kellyjef.....i hope things improve for you also....just have to do our best and battle on :)

sorry for the rant, im just feeling extremely deflated!