PDA

View Full Version : Permission to use photos when their child isn't one of my mindees

teacakepenguin
13-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Hello

I would like to use some photos that I took over the summer containing a mixture of my children, my minded children, and my friends with their children who may have accompanied us on a day out (as happened a few times).

My minded children have contracts in place which state I can take photos for using in various ways so they are all fine.

However I was thinking I really ought to have something on file from my friends to say that they are ok with them or their child(ren) appearing in the photos too. I really want to use them, as for instance I don't have any early years children just now and one day my friend visited with her 2 year old and I took some lovely photos of him playing with my toys, so it would really benefit me to be able to use that type of photo.

I have written a basic form which I hope covers the majority of how I think I'd want to use these photographs (I did get verbal permission before I took the photos in the first place that it was ok too).

Could someone have a look at it and let me know if it looks ok or overkill/not enough?

The text of it is here:

Dear

I would like to request permission to print out photographs containing images of you and/or your child(ren) for my childminding business.

• I would like to make up a record of photographs including you and/or your child(ren)’s image for prospective clients to browse through whilst visiting the premises (note, this is not to be taken out of my house), or to display photographs in my premises.

• I would also like to be able to share with other parents a copy of photographs that contain their child(ren) alongside you or your child(ren). These photographs would then be given to that parent and therefore taken out of my house.

• Additionally I would like to be able to use photographs of other children which also contain images of you and/or your child(ren) in scrapbooks for the other children.

If you wish to see some of the photos in question I would be more than happy to show you, and I hope that this is acceptable to you as I would very much like to be able to share this with other parents and prospective parents. Please let me know if you would like any further clarification, or use the space below to make any comments.

I DO/DO NOT* give permission for photographs containing images of me and/or my child(ren) to be used within the premises.

I DO/DO NOT* give permission for photographs containing images of me and/or my child(ren) to be given to other parents when their child(ren) are also in the photograph.

I DO/DO NOT* give permission for photographs containing images of me and/or my child(ren) to be used within scrapbooks and similar records for other children within the setting when their child(ren) are also in the photograph.

Signed: .................................... Print name: ..................................... Date: .................

Child(ren)’s names: .................................................. ..................................................

Comments: .................................................. .................................................. ........

*Please delete appropriate response

Many thanks

sarah707
13-09-2013, 08:18 PM
It reads fine to me! I'm not sure how it would benefit your inspection because they only normally want to see information related to the children in your care at the time - but it does sound like you had a lovely summer! :D

teacakepenguin
13-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks - yes maybe I'm being a bit overcautious but with children I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right esp when it comes to using photos. Plus these are my friends so I want them to know what I'm doing so we don't have a fall out in the future :)

I'll hit print then, thank you!
Jx

charlottenash
13-09-2013, 08:26 PM
That reads very professional, no harm in having it, you never know a parent might ask on the spot if you have permission for them!