PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Struggling with knowing whay to do

chels55
13-09-2013, 04:01 PM
My cousin has just got a job for 16 hours in a shop.. She's a single parent so should be entitled to 70% childcare element of tax credits. Question is how many hours can she claim?

I am currently full on a Thursday so she has agreed that her lo can go to a local private nursery on Thursdays each week,( she may not Have to work every or any Thursday) but needs to cover herself if she does. Will tax credits pay 18 hours for childminder ( taking into account times for transport) then a full day at private nursery at £37?

I don't want to charge as and when needed because the child is only 12 months therefore taking up a full time space.

sarah707
13-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I suggest she does the online calculator it should give an accurate figure :D

HM Revenue & Customs: Tax credits calculator - find out how much you can get (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/payments-entitlement/entitlement/question-how-much.htm)

caz3007
13-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Tax credits will pay the proportion of what she pays out. So yes I think they would be ok with what she requires. One of my parents was talking to tax credits about retainers and things and they told her that she just declares what she pays and that's fine

chels55
13-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks so much. I jumped at the chance of having her lo, didn't cross my mind until after about the fees with the both settings.