PDA

View Full Version : Registering my OH as my assistant

AliceK
13-09-2013, 03:09 PM
I would like to register my OH as my assistant just as an extra pair of hands to help out if needed. He would not be left alone as he has not done paediatric first aid but this is something in the future if we decided to make the arrangement more formal (use him more / increase my numbers etc ) then I would get this done. Now seeing as he was already checked by Ofsted, enhanced CRB etc when I registered I assumed it would be easy. But according to Ofsted he still has to fill in an EY2 form and go through all the formality / red tape again. Does this sound right? He's done all that before so why duplicate it all? Has anyone registered their OH as their assistant recently?

xxxx

shortstuff
13-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I regd mine early this year x I think he did fill in the ey2 again but it was quick and easy. As you say they have already completed their checks on oh x I say fill in the eys email it off and see how long it takes x

Bluebell
14-09-2013, 09:47 PM
yep think I had to too - which was a while ago but it was really straightforward.

sarah707
15-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Yes that's right - dp had to do it - his took aaaaaages as well! :rolleyes:

Good luck x

AliceK
15-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone. Looks like we'll be duplicating it all again then :panic: Silly if you ask me.

xxxx

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2013, 07:05 PM
When I registered my DH as a husband and DS I just asked Ofsted for a letter of suitability and they sent it. this is enough