PDA

View Full Version : Advice about an observation...

EmmaReed84
12-09-2013, 09:46 AM
I have a new 10 month old who has just recently started. I only have her one day a week, but I have been doing quite a lot of "getting to know you" observations. Basically just looking at all the things she can do and making notes/obs about them.

Yesterday we were playing with a set of keys, putting them up on a piece of low furniture and she was pulling herself up to reach them. She seemed to really love this game and she would get them, then give them back to me to put them there again. However, as the play developed I put the keys on the floor under a canvas bag and said "where are the keys, can you find the keys" she looked about then lifted the bag and smiled when she saw them...

I was just looking though the DM to find where I could link this to... CAL, Understanding, 16-26 months "Selects familiar objects by name and will go and find objects when asked, or identify objects from a group."

I just want to check I am doing this right?

sing-low
12-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Would it be Maths, numbers 8-20 months? Has some understanding that things exist, even when out of sight.

SJ35
12-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Would it be Maths, numbers 8-20 months? Has some understanding that things exist, even when out of sight.

I'd put it down as this too. Sounds like you're having fun with little one :) x

EmmaReed84
12-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I'd put it down as this too. Sounds like you're having fun with little one :) x

She is fab!!! She has definitely given me my spark back. Mum is brilliant too :clapping:

Thank you both xx

Would you still think it is the one I mentioned as well or not?

SJ35
12-09-2013, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't link it to the other one yet but she sounds like a bright little thing :) x