PDA

View Full Version : Very confused!!

Charlieboy1965
11-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Hi all
Just been on to my local borough council about number of lo can take when qualified - apparently even with an assistant can only take 4 under 8 - if want to take more need to have a 'change of use' for house - does this sound right? I live in Derbyshire
Thanks

moggy
11-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi all
Just been on to my local borough council about number of lo can take when qualified - apparently even with an assistant can only take 4 under 8 - if want to take more need to have a 'change of use' for house - does this sound right? I live in Derbyshire
Thanks

Yes, could be. Local LAs can put on rules like that, comes under 'planning/planning consent' I think. I believe the thinking is that is you have a lot of children there for your business, it could cause noise, disturbance for neighbours, parents cars coming and going etc. To be honest a max of 4 under 8 does sound low and is even below standard EYFS numbers- I'd check with your Family Info Service.

sarah707
12-09-2013, 06:47 AM
It is normally 6 under 8 ... but totally dependent on your Local Authority rules.

You will find some advice about planning permission here - I hope you find it helpful :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/registered-assistants-co-minders/123081-planning-permission.html

Charlieboy1965
12-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Hi all
Thanks for replys - that link was very helpful Sarah
Got it slightly wrong LA says can only have 4 children up to age of 16!!!!!! not 8 as I thought :panic: