PDA

View Full Version : i think i might be joining you ladys

Trouble
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
i think my time has come or is coming in the very near future, but i will need loads of help or i wont do it,how do you stop yourself from feeling sick and dizzy, i fined the only way is to sleep but i cant do that at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

manjay
05-01-2008, 04:59 PM
i think my time has come or is coming in the very near future, but i will need loads of help or i wont do it,how do you stop yourself from feeling sick and dizzy, i fined the only way is to sleep but i cant do that at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

You got me completely confused here Rascal!! Until I noticed this was in the quitters section. I was going to say i am sure you said on another thread that you weren't having anymore babies!!

Easily confused that's me!!

amanda xx

sorry meant to say I can't help as I have never smoked!!

carolinel
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
yeah, confused me too. I take you want to quit smoking? not nail biting!!

Trouble
05-01-2008, 05:04 PM
no i want to quit smoking and i wont be having any more babies

miffy
05-01-2008, 05:13 PM
So have you decided when Rascal?

Good luck

Miffy xx

angeldelight
05-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I am sure you will get heaps of support here

Good luck

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Good luck rascal, we are here to support you when you need us

xx

emler
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
good luck quitting smoking - I'm sure you can do it!

Emler x

Trouble
05-01-2008, 05:37 PM
i have 17 left and would like to start tomorrow a fresh but if i use patches they make me itch i wouldnt swallow anything and i have no will power so if you can help find another way by 12 oclock tonight i will do it today!!!!! ps also i have a thing about feeling dizzy and sick which i will feel:eek:

miffy
05-01-2008, 05:45 PM
If you're going cold turkey then you really have to want to give up............... I'm sure you CAN do it but you have to ditch the cigs first or it's just too tempting

Good luck

Miffy xx

Trouble
05-01-2008, 05:47 PM
i will not buy anymore today and i will be going cold turkey:eek:

miffy
05-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Very brave - let us know how you get on tomorrow

Miffy xx

angeldelight
05-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Good luck

Angel xx

Mollymop
05-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Good luck Babe!!!
It is v. hard going and......... I can't say no more as my new year resolution went out the window :rolleyes: when I started having secret puffs. But I am still trying!!

Tily Bud
05-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Good luck xx

charleyfarley
05-01-2008, 10:00 PM
The very best of luck with giving up

Carol xx

Trouble
05-01-2008, 10:51 PM
thank you for your support, keep trying sandra i know it will be worth it in the long run:thumbsup:

Mollymop
05-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Good luck to you too little rascal... let me know how you get on.
(better than me no doubt:laughing:

Trouble
05-01-2008, 11:11 PM
anything is better than nothing:laughing:which is what im doing now

sarah707
05-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I would suggest you get all the free help the NHS will throw at you... gum, those sucky things, patches (just put them on different places on your arms every day and try the clear ones, they're better than the plaster ones), tablets...

THEN when you're high on nicotine and coming off the rest of the muck in those money burning things but not sure what to do with your hands... read Alan Carr's book -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0140277633

By the time you get to the end, you'll wonder what on earth you've been doing all these years!! And you'll have saved yourself a fortune! Certainly more than the cost of the book!

Good luck :D

Trouble
05-01-2008, 11:35 PM
i have got 100s of books here i could read and loads of cleaning to do so i will have to read something everytime i want one:thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
06-01-2008, 11:02 AM
i did it cold tukey , god luck xxx

miffy
06-01-2008, 02:29 PM
How's it going rascal??

Miffy xx

Trouble
06-01-2008, 07:05 PM
i havent had a good day today i banged my elbow and very nearly flaked out my son bless him came to my rescue but about 1 hour later i had a puff, but then i spoke to my mum and she said i will do it better if i smoke the ones with less tar in first then the light ones so i have started the less strength ones for two days then on wednesday i am going on to the light ones and one friday at 8am my husband and i will be doing it together!!!!! But if i feel sick and dizzy over the next couple of days i can go to bed and not have to worry about little ones and my children wont mind either.Lets hope my hubby and i can stand the course he did it easily last time and i know he will give my 100%encouragement. but even though i did rubbish i still have 6 let from yesterday so that means i havent given up but i have cut down,:clapping: thank you for your support thou i really appreciate it.

Trouble
06-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Good luck Babe!!!
It is v. hard going and......... I can't say no more as my new year resolution went out the window :rolleyes: when I started having secret puffs. But I am still trying!!

we can only keep trying but we will do it together why dont you do friday 8 am then we can compair sickness and dizzyness let me know.:idea:

miffy
06-01-2008, 09:06 PM
That's great if your husband will quit with you and give you loads of support.

Keep going and good luck

Miffy xx

Mollymop
07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
we can only keep trying but we will do it together why dont you do friday 8 am then we can compair sickness and dizzyness let me know.:idea:

Ok, Rascal, You are on. But I am so scared. It has been really hard going!!

Magic
07-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Rascal,

I had my last one on new years eve at 11:45pm and so did my husband.

I am doing it cold turkey and my other half is using patches.

It is really tough but i can't afford to smoke anymore !!

Good luck for Friday !!

Magic xx

Trouble
07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi Rascal,

I had my last one on new years eve at 11:45pm and so did my husband.

I am doing it cold turkey and my other half is using patches.

It is really tough but i can't afford to smoke anymore !!

Good luck for Friday !!

Magic xx
you brave person how is it going? im desperate for a holiday so thats another reason and i cant have both, i tryed the patches and they only made my arm itchyand i felt sick, which ones is your hubby on? I wish i had never started ive been smoking since i was 11 my daughters age now and i would kill her if she started (and my son). Well:clapping: done to you both

Trouble
07-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Ok, Rascal, You are on. But I am so scared. It has been really hard going!!

i have changed to a lower strength and they even taste better than the full strength(and i dont feel as dizzy:clapping:) so hopefully by wednesday i will be ready for the lower lower strength ones

Mollymop
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Those silk cut ones, I hate them as it feels like you are sucking on air. They used to give me a headache of trying to get a good puff! ha!
I am glad you ain't feeling dizzy. I felt really dizzy those 2 days i went cold turkey- it made me feel ill. But the other time I gave up i didn't have dizziness. I wonder why that is?
I have thought have about nicorette gum. Is that any good?

Trouble
08-01-2008, 06:36 PM
if you like the taste of pepper, also its too hard for my teeth:panic:

Mollymop
11-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi Rascal How is your quitting going. Have you had any today. Hope you are ok, as I haven't seen you on here lately.

XX

angeldelight
11-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes hope you are ok ?

Angel xx

Trouble
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
hi i failed 8 am came and went, have had a few days off my eyes get sore when im on here to much and i get headaches, i am however still smoking the light ones which make me feel 10 x better than the other ones and i dont seem to crave as much this is a good sign for now anyway

Di x:D

Mollymop
13-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes that's a good sign. I hope you are ok.
i have had a few puffs and now wished that i didn't. I feel like I am never going to be able to quit. Maybe I should try the lighter ones first like you. But I know what hubby would say to that..."excuses, excuses". He has never smoked so he doesn't appreicate how hard it is! :)