PDA

View Full Version : Providers warn they cannot sudsidise Clegg's childcare plans

Simona
10-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Well ...we have all being saying the same and yet all parties are busy outdoing each other is coming out with uncosted proposals

The season of Party conferences is upon us...we will listen with interest at their dreamed up plans!

Providers warn they cannot subsidise Lib Dem childcare expansion plans | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1078301/free-childcare-expansion-threatens-sector-warn-providers?WT.rss_f=News&WT.rss_a=Free+childcare+expansion+threatens+sector ,+warn+providers&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Stapleton83
10-09-2013, 12:36 PM
I would agree with the comment about doing their homework around costing but whether they will listen or not is a completely different matter.

Sam x

sarah707
10-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Maybe they have some money we don't know about?!? :rolleyes: :D

Mouse
10-09-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm already losing money by offering a funded place to one child. I'm only losing £6 a week, but it soon adds up. And if you think of a big setting, with lots of children, how much must they be losing.

I have another child due funding next year. If the rates stay as they are, I'd be losing £20 a week. I can't do that, so will have to suggest mum uses a nursery for the funded hours.