PDA

View Full Version : Calling Excel Gurus pls!

Memina
08-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to develop an invoice that fits my setting but cant for the life of me figure out what the formula would be for working out total number of hours.

Let me explain.....

child A comes in at 8.15-18.00 Monday, tues and weds but 1-5.45 on thurs and Friday

I'm looking for a formula that will work out what the total weekly hours are. Currently I have to enter it as Mon-Wed 5.75 (to account for 5 hours and three quarters)

Please someone help me I have been trying to figure it out for days!

Thanks

M

sarah707
08-09-2013, 04:48 PM
I use my fingers and just use the add up symbol for the ££ :laughing: I don't think I've got the hang of Excel just yet :panic: :D

Chatterbox Childcare
08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to develop an invoice that fits my setting but cant for the life of me figure out what the formula would be for working out total number of hours.

Let me explain.....

child A comes in at 8.15-18.00 Monday, tues and weds but 1-5.45 on thurs and Friday

I'm looking for a formula that will work out what the total weekly hours are. Currently I have to enter it as Mon-Wed 5.75 (to account for 5 hours and three quarters)

Please someone help me I have been trying to figure it out for days!

Thanks

M

Why not put in column A days of the week, column B Mon/Tues/Wed, column c hours per day and column d =:sum(a1*c1)*rate you charge
Row 2 do the same for Thurs and friday

If that doesn't make sense, pm me and I will write it in a blank invoice I have - attached in case I am not about7720

Stapleton83
08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Sorry Memina I would have done the same as you are already doing so no help whatsoever.

Sam x