PDA

View Full Version : Printing photos

sing-low
05-09-2013, 06:48 PM
How do you print photos for your LJs? I'm quite fussy about photos - I have just discovered editing them(!) but I'm not sure I can afford to get proper glossy photos done all the time. For family pics I go to Boots - their machines are painfully clunky but it's just round the corner. The other option is to use snapfish - presumably I need permission from parents?

What's the cheapest way to do this? I've heard of a pogo printer - are they any good?

loocyloo
05-09-2013, 07:11 PM
I generally print mine out on normal printer paper.
I do use a Pogo but I tend to use it for photos for daily diaries.

karensmart4
05-09-2013, 07:14 PM
I use my Pogo all in one camera/printer. I bought it from Amazon and have been more than pleased with it.

cathtee
05-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I use my printer and use ordinary paper, I do it on microsoft office using 3 columms and get plenty of pictures on A4 size,
so it doesn't cost too much, although hubby pays for the ink so I only pay for the paper and use cheaper packs :thumbsup:

FloraDora
05-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Ink Cartridges, Cheap Printer Ink, Printer Toner and Inkjet Cartridges (http://www.999inks.co.uk/)

Search results for: 'Photo paper' (http://www.poundland.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Photo+paper)

Both together mean cost of photos not too high.

rickysmiths
05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
I do a mixture. General everyday ones are printed on slightly glossy paper about 9 to an A4 page. I find it cheaper to use a shop in town if I have a lot of photos to do at once so I take them in on a memory stick and get them printed.

I pay for the ink and paper and it goes through my books.

serin
06-09-2013, 09:57 AM
I put the all together on one A4 and number them and link it to the observation being numbered the same. It is then printed out colour

miffy
06-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I generally print mine out on normal printer paper.
I do use a Pogo but I tend to use it for photos for daily diaries.

I print mine on normal paper too - 2x3 size, 10 to an A4 sheet so quite economical.

I have a pogo printer too but haven't sorted out how to work it yet! :blush:

Miffy xx

critch
30-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Pogo printers are fab and you peel off the back to stick on and write obs next to it!

Goatgirl
30-09-2013, 08:39 PM
LOVE my pogo printer
Buy bulk packs of the papers on amazon and its zink technology, so doesn't need any ink, just the funny blue card at the beginning of each pack of ten printing papers :thumbsup:

I have had trouble getting it to work with my smart phone though: was so easy to print direct from my old phone :rolleyes:, so it has been a bit a learning curve to find I have to upload to skydrive, then save to a folder on my computer and bluetooth it from that to the pogo. Had to buy a dongle and everything :panic: which is part of an alien world to me.....
But think I've got the hang of it now :thumbsup: