PDA

View Full Version : Getting a cleaner

JoRo163
04-09-2013, 12:21 PM
I've decided to bite the bullet, accept I'm not superwoman and get a cleaner to help me keep on top of the weekly cleaning!

Can I claim partial cost of this a business expense? I'm thinking of hiring someone for 4 hours a week...

sing-low
04-09-2013, 12:35 PM
I've decided to bite the bullet, accept I'm not superwoman and get a cleaner to help me keep on top of the weekly cleaning!

Can I claim partial cost of this a business expense? I'm thinking of hiring someone for 4 hours a week...

I believe that you can only claim for the parts of the house that are exclusively used for childminding (if any - not true in my case).

JoRo163
04-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Is it areas *exclusively* used for CM? Or areas used for CM but not bedrooms for example.

After all, children make a considerable amount of mess & leave trails of dirt behind them! I would be happy to claim only 1 hour through expenses out of the 4, which by my logic Is fairly reasonable?

I'm sure I read somewhere that some CM's claimed partial cost for this.

vikiwizz
04-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Is it areas *exclusively* used for CM? Or areas used for CM but not bedrooms for example.

After all, children make a considerable amount of mess & leave trails of dirt behind them! I would be happy to claim only 1 hour through expenses out of the 4, which by my logic Is fairly reasonable?

I'm sure I read somewhere that some CM's claimed partial cost for this.

I thought you could claim for the time spend cleaning areas that are used for childminding? For example my upstairs is not used at all as I have a downstairs toilet so if a cleaner was here just doing downstairs then I would claim it all back?

TooEarlyForGin?
04-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I was going to do this, but my DH has been a royal pain, telling me my 2 DD's should be helping more. :angry:

Yes they should, but helping and deep cleaning a bathroom that 4 of us use is a different matter. He has no idea how much housework I do, probably thinks the fairies do it...:angry: