PDA

View Full Version : @Home Childcare explain what 'blended' childcare is all about

Simona
02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Blended childcare explained ...are you convinced this will work?

Is Blended Childcare a Solution for More Wraparound (Before/After School) Childcare? (http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/blog/220-is-blended-childcare-a-solution-for-more-wraparound-before-after-school-childcare)

WibbleWobble
02-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Blended childcare explained ...are you convinced this will work?

Is Blended Childcare a Solution for More Wraparound (Before/After School) Childcare? (http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/blog/220-is-blended-childcare-a-solution-for-more-wraparound-before-after-school-childcare)

It's a load of old tosh! The govt thinks it is inventing the wheel....they really don't have a clue.

Wibble!!!! X

sarah707
02-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I glazed a bit half way down... but I fail to see how 'blended childcare' will benefit the children if they are being pushed from pillar to post and don't know who is picking them up every day :( Surely they need stability in their lives and somewhere cosy to go at the end of the day where they know the rules and can relax? ...

Or am I reading it wrong? :(

Simona
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
I glazed a bit half way down... but I fail to see how 'blended childcare' will benefit the children if they are being pushed from pillar to post and don't know who is picking them up every day :( Surely they need stability in their lives and somewhere cosy to go at the end of the day where they know the rules and can relax? ...

Or am I reading it wrong? :(

No Sarah...I feel exactly the same...poor kids and poor parents with a variety of contracts, policies and different fees....but that may be the hidden trick so that those providers basically compete and end up charging the same???

Also this blended childcare (what a stupid name!! sorry) resembles the NDNA 'wrap around care trials' and 4 Children 'childcare hubs'...both mention the blended system
what I want to know is who is the 'party' that refers parents to all these wonderful blending and flexible carers?

jackie 7
02-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Am i stupid but is this not what many childminders do? The web site sounds very positive about mgc untill I saw the costs, they didnt say anything about parents costs or did I miss that.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Boring - it got very tedious half way through

Daisy1956
02-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Am I missing something here, so someone can care for the child before and after school/nursery, but only get paid for this, nursery gets paid as well, so what happens to the first carer for hours child is in the nursery. It is mad if I take and pick up a child from nursery I expect to be paid for the hours in nursery. Parents are not going to be taking children from one form of childcare to the next, and I for one will not be doing it for no pay.

Mouse
02-09-2013, 08:14 PM
It says nothing new. As someone else says, it's what childminders already do.

It's an article written about nannies, but to appease the childminders they're hoping to attract, they refer to nannies home childcarers (it blurs the lines a little)and add the sentence "A childminder can also provide the similar benefits of a home environment and was my second choice at the time"...gee, thanks - childminders were second choice :rolleyes:

Simona
02-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Ok girls...I thought I might want to 'test' you to see if you were still on the ball ..you are!!
I admit I got bored after the first few lines...what is she going on about??