PDA

View Full Version : "Independant" on new contracts?

lilac_dragon
02-09-2013, 10:12 AM
OK, I'm getting ready for our school going back next week, and it's normally the time I redo all contracts.
Do I start putting Independent Ofsted Registered Childminder on these contracts - or are we not there yet?

and

Do we have a logo? Will we have one at some point?

and

I've waited to order new polo shirts that will have my setting name and any logo on, but is anyone considering a colour scheme? Personally I'm considering purple, green and white - Suffragette colours!

sarah707
02-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Logo... there's an interesting idea! I wonder ... hmmm.... :laughing:

I haven't put anything about independent on my new contracts yet because we don't have any agencies in my area so I'm just carrying on as normal for now.

I suppose once I have something to be independent from I will have to change things :D

Mouse
02-09-2013, 02:37 PM
We were here first, so why should we change :p:laughing:

I'll remain an Ofsted Registered Childminder. Any one who joins an agency can become just that, an agency childminder. They're the ones who will have to drop the Ofsted Registered bit.

Simona
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Logo... there's an interesting idea! I wonder ... hmmm.... :laughing:

I haven't put anything about independent on my new contracts yet because we don't have any agencies in my area so I'm just carrying on as normal for now.

I suppose once I have something to be independent from I will have to change things :D

Agree Sarah...let's wait a few days or weeks maybe...sooner or later we will know something about agencies

In my view there is no point in calling ourselves 'independent' because even the cms trialling the pilots will be independent until the agency takes over the registration and regulation process in 2014 and they hand their certificates in the agency intray!!!...
so now we would complicate matters and may make the wrong decision in what we refer ourselves as

As I said in my post this morning 'technically' we are dependent on Ofsted for regulation and DfE for legislation...that is what we wanted I believe? even though Ofsted are making our lives difficult to say the least

I have amended my contract and put Ofsted registered cm on it and a bit more ...also all my headers say that too on all my paperwork
When I write a letter or email I also put Ofsted registered below my name...that's a start

I am hearing rumours about LAs...so let's wait for some sort of announcement!!