PDA

View Full Version : attendance register?

v 1461
02-09-2013, 08:13 AM
hello,
I don't know if I dreamt it, but is it right that we don't have to do attendance register anymore ( no need to have thosenever ending sheets with date,time,signature,name...)??
thanks

rickysmiths
02-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I think you dreamt it! lol!

We do have to keep a record of when children are with us.

Simona
02-09-2013, 09:10 AM
hello,
I don't know if I dreamt it, but is it right that we don't have to do attendance register anymore ( no need to have thosenever ending sheets with date,time,signature,name...)??
thanks

You still need a register but I wonder why you use 'never ending' sheets? could you not devise a simpler paperwork to lessen your burden?
I maybe wrong on this but where does it say in the EYFS that you need a signature...assuming you are talking about parents? as for visitors maybe a simple 'visitors' policy would suffice?

rickysmiths
02-09-2013, 10:37 AM
You still need a register but I wonder why you use 'never ending' sheets? could you not devise a simpler paperwork to lessen your burden?
I maybe wrong on this but where does it say in the EYFS that you need a signature...assuming you are talking about parents? as for visitors maybe a simple 'visitors' policy would suffice?

She never mentioned signatures or visitors.

I always advise that parents sign the register as it shows you have shared the information with them and they are confirming the hours their child was with you. It certainly proved its worth when I had a complaint a couple of years ago and a parent claimed I was late for something and I hadn't told her. The fact that she had signed the register showed that I was not late on the day she questioned and proved that I was keeping the parent informed. Also it is good practice if an allegation was made against you the parent has by signing confirmed the actual hours their child was in their care.

I use the Pacey Attendance Register and have done since I first registered 20 years ago and I have always got parents to sign each week with no problem.

I have never kept a Visitors book, I am not an institution that has people I am not aware of being here coming and going. I always know who is in my house and why and they are never left alone with the children for a minute and all my parents know this. I Just make a note in my daily book of anyone who has visited.

Simona
02-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I think the word 'signature' is clearly in the post after time?

sarah707
02-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Page 4 of our letter to Ofsted about inconsistent inspection outcomes covers attendance registers!

The inconsistent nature of inspector comments related to documentation (in this case the use of attendance registers) is demonstrated very clearly in the following childminder actions -
• I was given an action that parents had to sign my attendance registers;
• My inspector asked me if I had registers but didn’t want to look at them;
• My inspector said the register didn’t need to be signed by parents, just filled in accurately with the times.
• I was told that I was compromising safety because my attendance register was not signed by parents.

You definitely need them! It's up to you whether to get them signed when you have read the above!

I have a month per child per page - so 12 a year to store. Thinking about it I really should start printing them double sided and only have 6 pages a year :idea:

Hth :D

tori4
02-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Sarah is there a copy of ur monthly sign in sheet? I'm have gone throu so much paper. Thanks in advance xT

v 1461
02-09-2013, 04:46 PM
thank you for your replies. I will go back to my attendance register sheet then.

sarah707
02-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Sarah is there a copy of ur monthly sign in sheet? I'm have gone throu so much paper. Thanks in advance xT

Hi Tori it's not uploaded free anywhere sorry x