PDA

View Full Version : Pacey's CYPOP5

HelA
30-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi

I'm a newly registered childminder who is wondering whether or not I should enrol on Pacey's CYPOP5 course. At a glance, it looks like a bit of a repeat of my L.A's 'pathway to childminding course' so i don't want to sign up for it - and more importantly - pay for it, if it isn't going to offer me anything extra. Does anybody have any experience of it/ know of anyone who's done it? Is it useful?

Whilst I'm on the subject of training, does anyone know whether the £15 on-line courses for Level 2 Food Hygiene are ok? Again, Pacey do one for over £30. Should I be wary of the cheaper options?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sarah707
31-08-2013, 03:22 PM
The food hygiene course for £15 + VAT is absolutely fine - Food Hygiene Course | Online Basic Food Hygiene Courses | Food Safety Course (http://www.virtual-college.co.uk/products/food-hygiene-catering.aspx?B=17&A=469?adnetwork=af). I have done it and so have a lot of other forum members.

It does depend on your LA though - some require a face-to-face course so check with them when you register as a food business.

Hth :D