PDA

View Full Version : Help pls how to i record going the extra mile when ettling a child in

little bees
30-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone, I have just had a new baby start 9 months old who is suffering from extreme separation issues. I feel i have really gone the extra mile with this family, doing research in to what will help and suggesting to the family. Have even given up my day off to go to there house to help make the wee one more comfortable. i do daily diary's and have noted in there if its been a good day/bad day etc but really want a 'form' to put in the childs folder that explains the lengths gone to. (due my inspection lol)

thank you

Kiddleywinks
31-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Have you noted the things you've done in the daily diary?
Have you written anything down to give to parents either in letter form or via email? If so, print a copy off and put it in the childs folder for ofsted to see that way.

little bees
31-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Thank you, i prob havnt gone into enough detail in the diary so will just add a little note in there as to what we have tried so far and what is working and what isnt. ty

moggy
31-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I'd be careful not to make it sound, though, like it is 'not working out' or you are having a moan (to parents, if you are writing more about it in diary)!

To be honest, I, and I am sure most CMers, do go extra miles (and miles!) for our mindees and their families all kinds of reasons. Maybe write it up in SEF as a special example of your 'working together with parents'?