PDA

View Full Version : collection from preschool

Karen1
29-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi

I am a newly registered childminder and have had an enquiry and visit booked for collection to drop and pick up from preschool.

what I am wondering is, do CM do a trial run with the parent to meet the staff to be able to release child to me (so they can meet me etc), or is it just turn up on the day and collect child etc? should I have a password with the preschool?

any tips? not had this before.

they want three days a week, drop off to preschool at 9 and collect at 2pm. am happy to charge my normal rate for the time I have the child- but do I charge a middle fee, in case I need to get child earlier if sick for example?. this is all year round so in holidays would have child and sister all day for the three days, so not sure if it would be fair!

tia:)

Chatterbox Childcare
29-08-2013, 01:43 PM
I arrange to meet the parent at the pre school on a day that mum is collecting

As to fees, are you expected to have a space for holidays and if the preschool closes for TTD's? If so I would charge all day to have the space, not the child

moggy
29-08-2013, 05:16 PM
If I take and collect child from playgroup I charge full fee for the whole time- you will not be able to fill that space for the few hours. I justify it to parent because I am first contact for playgroup (if they need to close, child upset/injured etc).

It is up to the playgroup to decide what their safeguarding policy is for releasing children but make sure the parent has informed the playgroup that it is you collecting.

If you are dropping off then that is a chance for them to see your face. I would be making contact anyway to introduce myself, find out who key worker is and talk about 'working together', sharing in learning and development etc.

Karen1
30-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the replies, feel happier now,

So for two hours work, can charge for the total five hours!

Will arrange meet at preschool and meet staff. Thank you both.

tulip0803
30-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the replies, feel happier now,

So for two hours work, can charge for the total five hours!

Will arrange meet at preschool and meet staff. Thank you both.

Tell the parents that they are "Booking a childcare space between x and y, not paying by the hour ". You cannot take anyone else on during the hours that the child is at school because the parent wants that time in school holidays & if the pre-school closed due to snow, heating problems etc.

rickysmiths
30-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I charge for the time at Pre School if I drop and collect because they are taking up an under 5 space and I would not get a contract for 2.5 hours every morning. If I just pick up after pre school I charge a min of 6 hours for the same reason it takes a whole EY space for the day.

Karen1
01-09-2013, 06:26 PM
thanks for the replies. mum only wants a pick up now and no on call time.. so easier to work out

in her email she stated drop off and collection for three days, then arrives at visit and complete change of times, days etc! good job i can accomodate this, otherwise waste of time.