PDA

View Full Version : Using first floor bedroom for over 8's / Variation to conditions of registration

wellybelly
29-08-2013, 08:08 AM
I have 4 over 8's from September, well actually they are 9 and 10 year olds and all get on really well and I'm wanting to let them go upstairs in my daughters room unsupervised after school. I will be downstairs with all the little ones, playing cooking tea etc. I'm doing a consent form for parents to sign along with a risk assessment, but is this classed as a change in condition of registration by using another room or something else? And If so what Ofsted Document states this? I want to quote it it to parents and be sure I'm sticking to the rules. All the information I can find is just about numbers of children.

Mrsh3103
29-08-2013, 08:14 AM
My ds often takes the older mindees up to his room to play. I go up every 10mins or so to check they're ok. I can always hear them!!

Inspector on my pre reg visit just wanted I see that I'd risk assessed it. I haven't had permission from my parents but I did tell them all on initial visits that if my ds invited them up they could go.

wellybelly
29-08-2013, 08:25 AM
That's brilliant thank you and exactly the sort of situation I'm on about. All the over 8's are in the same year at primary school, all get on and just want somewhere a bit more their age to hang out. They're all really well behaved and I just want to respect their need to be away from the baby toys lol!

EmmaReed84
29-08-2013, 08:28 AM
My friend does this also, but actually has a video baby monitor in the room so she can see them and always hear them when she is downstairs.

At first the older ones were not too happy about it, but when given the choice... 1- Stay downstairs where I can see you and only have the baby toys or 2- Be allowed upstairs away from the babies, but with the monitor... They soon chose the monitor and to be away from the babies LOL!