PDA

View Full Version : Attendance register...

EmmaReed84
27-08-2013, 09:26 PM
I fill out an attendance register for all the children in my care.

I have an ad-hoc child starting soon (between 1 and several days a month), will I need to fill in a full attendance sheet, or can I just their booking form as confirmation of when they are here, it has space for am and pm hours for B&A school. He will be 8 in Oct.

Also there are rare occasions I would have his 11 yr old brother (probably once every few months), would I need to do the same for him if the booking form is not adequate?

miffy
27-08-2013, 09:33 PM
I thought the requirement was to keep a record of the names of the children present each day and the times they attend. I don't think there is anything to say how you record it as long as you can produce the evidence if needed.

My attendance record is a weekly sheet and I have all the children's names on one sheet ( I know there are those that say you should have a sheet for each child but this is the way I do it) so I would just record the ad hoc child and his brother on the days they attended.

Miffy xx

k1rstie
27-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I thought the requirement was to keep a record of the names of the children present each day and the times they attend. I don't think there is anything to say how you record it as long as you can produce the evidence if needed.

My attendance record is a weekly sheet and I have all the children's names on one sheet ( I know there are those that say you should have a sheet for each child but this is the way I do it) so I would just record the ad hoc child and his brother on the days they attended.

Miffy xx

I do the same as you miffy.all on one sheet. I colour code the kids into under one, under five and under eight. This makes it clearer in my mind my ratios.

a parent can get attendance info about other children very easily from their child.

Ie, Who was at Kirstie's house with you today? John, Paul and George.
No ringo today? No, ringo is on holiday
Who beat you to Kirstie's house today? John got there first.
Who was still there when you went home? Paul and George.

I do not think that attendance info is very confidential, so I find it easier to use on weekly sheet with all the kids on it.

EmmaReed84
28-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Thank you x

charlottenash
28-08-2013, 05:29 AM
I just have a diary and write who is here each day

hectors house
28-08-2013, 06:48 AM
I use an NCMA register I save a couple of pages at the back for children who come ad hoc in the holidays - I just adapt the page to suit me and record their hours - it would be such a waste to give them a whole page every month like I do with the other children, which is a pain when 2 children only come one day a week as it is. But at least they are all entered in the register somewhere.

I guess a booking form is a record of when they "intended" to come but you still need to show the days and hours when they "actually did" come.