PDA

View Full Version : help with what to write under certain sections of my meduim term plan....

mindermummy
11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks .

I am writitng out my meduim term plan and im abit stuck under a few subjects i have picked,a sto what to write to do with certain sections of the eyfs.

Hope that makes sense.

ie

My theme is countries and i cant think what to put under problem solving/reasoning/numeracy for this?????? Ie what i could do???

Also.

For countries; physical development????

Also.
For halloween/autumn....
problem solving again and knowledge of world???

Thanks all.xxx:panic: :rolleyes:

sarah707
11-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Countries psr&n - are you doing any baking? Maybe cook a fave dish from the country you have chosen - lots of weights and measures.

Countries pd - national dances -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/boogiebeebies/world/

Halloween psr&n - make some halloween spider bodies using playdough ... now add 8 legs, 4 on each side.

Halloween kuw - lots of countries use fireworks for festivals. Look at some displays on the internet ... Australia is good, also Indian fireworks are fun to watch... or simply watch some displays on www.youtube.com.

Note - when you are looking at any images on youtube or google, always check them out first ...

You never know what might come up :eek:

Sounds like you are going to have fun! :D

jessie1
11-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I am always so amazed at your answers Sarah. You really know everything and I dont know if I am ever gonna know any of this. Cant we do some sort of brain transfer, LOL

Monkey1
12-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I agree, Sarah makes it all sound so simple! I think they should pay Sarah to write the books in the first place so that at least everyone would understand what they were expecting to do!

mindermummy
12-07-2008, 09:17 AM
wow...thank you sarah.

You do seem to be the one that always helps me on here!! You are very clever. Thank you.

Perhapes we clould start a thread that if anyone is stuck with what to put under each section of the eyfs, eveeryone could give some advice.

It would sure help me anyway!!!!!

xx

MissTinkerbell
12-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Countries - psrn - flags - sorting colours - all the ones with red, blue, yellow, etc. Could also sort those with pictures on - Canada, India. Could also count number of stripes on flags.

Match those with same colours ie. Finland/Canada/Malta all red/white; UK/France/Netherlands/USA all red/white/blue

Halloween/Autumn - psrn - collect conkers/fir cones/leaves - play counting games - sort into groups of 1,2,3, etc. Do weights with them - compare weight of 3 conkers with 3 leaves - which is heavier/lighter? Make witches hats - what shape? (cone and circle). Leaf print patterns using autumnal colours - repeating patterns - ie red,yellow,red,yellow. Can also make repeating patterns with the objects.
Make pumpkin shapes and do the same with these.

KUW - go on an autumn walk - collect leaves, conkers, cones. Take photos of changing leaves on trees - make collage with pictures. Leaf rubbing - look at patterns on the leaves. Compare different leaves from different trees and talk about shapes, etc.
Halloween - apple bobbing and other traditions associated with the festival.

HTH