PDA

View Full Version : council house

beckygrey
23-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Hi im waiting to hear back from my area officer from council who is away on annual leave till Sept to see if im allowed to run a business from my council house, anyone else that lives in a council property have any problems getting permission?

lizduncan72
23-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I live in a council house and didn't have any problems. All they said to me was that any thing I needed to do to the property to get registered like fencing in the garden was my responsability and they wouldn't pay for it or maintain it

sarah707
23-08-2013, 07:46 PM
It depends on the housing association / landlord. Some are fine about it and others aren't... you will need to get their permission in writing. Good luck :D

Samijanec
23-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I live in a council house and I was granted no problem. I just got a letter to send to the care inspectorate( Scotland) and it said that if they received any complaints the may withdraw permission..

migimoo
23-08-2013, 10:07 PM
It was no problem here I just had to provide them with copies of my registration cert and public liability insurance cert for their files and promise not to advertise on the house (no big signs/banners)

Samijanec
24-08-2013, 06:55 AM
It was no problem here I just had to provide them with copies of my registration cert and public liability insurance cert for their files and promise not to advertise on the house (no big signs/banners)

Mine never asked to see anything, funny how different councils are isn't it...

beckygrey
24-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Thank you for your replies, fingers crossed mine are ok, I can't see how they'll say no as they funded the courses but ya never know x