PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Are you now able to access funding for 2,3 and 4 year olds?

Simona
23-08-2013, 07:15 AM
As we know many LAs have complied to the DfE Statutory Guidance and as from Sept 2013 cms can access the funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.

Have you also been accepted? if so can you share your experience?

I am now included by my LA alongside other providers and Network cms who are Accredited...

I do not have Accreditation (whatever that means but I am outstanding and have a F/Degree In EY Education and Childcare)

I have been added to the 'Directory of Providers' with Accredited Network cms ...I am number 65!!)

Late Sept I will attend a workshop with Family and Childcare Trust where they will explain about Business and Financial planning...that is to do with the fact that 2 year olds only attend for 38 weeks of the year...so what to do or how to deal with the weeks where no income comes in

I have received correspondence from my LA and their Terms and Conditions of funding...I will read these soon ...no they do not include Level 3 or Accreditation... at first glance

So for me and many other cm we have been successful...however...another huge problem looms now

The funding for 2 year olds is fairly adequate (£6.10) but as it is only for 38 weeks, I think this is a bit of a dangling carrot...I should really work out how much it would be spread over 52 weeks which we can do for 3 and 4 year olds

If I take 3 and 4 year olds the funding is £3.50...a lot below current cms rate in this area

So the dilemma now is: having achieved 'equality' I now face 'sustainability' as my next barrier
If I accept a 2 year old I cannot envisage giving them back when the funding drops
Are there any conditions I have to adhere to that I am unsure? (this I will find easy to deal with before I sign on the dotted line)
What if I drop my grade at next inspection and become 'requires improvement'?

I will, of course, raise with my lA my worry over the low level of funding for 3 and 4 year olds...the DfE may intervene in future and introduce a national formula but that is too far away and, at present, it is our LA that decide on the funding..

Are you in the same situation? if so can you share what you have achieved by being able to acces funding and what your concerns are now bearing in mind that the rest of providers have been voicing their concerns over funding for years...