PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journeys etc for 3 hours per week?

MinderKuki
22-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi there, I'm new to childminding and will be having 2 siblings for breakfast 3 days per week, so 3 hours per week in total. Would I still need to do observations for the half an hour they'll be in my care before we leave for school?

I'm going to get the mum to sign a contract and see my policies but should I also get her to complete the Child Information Forms for both children and the Permissions Forms. It does seem a bit overkill considering half of the hour will be spent getting to school!

Rick
22-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes you should still get the record forms and permission forms. What if something happens in that hour they are with you?

LJ-wise, obviously you won't have much time to do much in the way of activities. School age children do not require you to follow the EYFS, but perhaps you could do a scrapbook and put in the occasional photo or artwork. Maybe discuss with school what LO is doing and try and compliment it at your setting.

bindy
23-08-2013, 06:46 AM
I would do the permission forms etc no need to do LJ

DottyD
03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
When I first started childminding I was told during my first grading inspection I needed to do a learning journey for a child who was with me for 30 mins a day, three days a week.

Mrs Scrubbit
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Schoolies? if so then no to ljsxx

Poppins
14-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I was told on an inspection you have to do learning diaries if children are in reception class, stupid but true not a great deal you can do in that amount of time

bindy
15-09-2013, 07:30 PM
When I first started childminding I was told during my first grading inspection I needed to do a learning journey for a child who was with me for 30 mins a day, three days a week.

Were you the child's sole carer and how old?