PDA

View Full Version : Debt recovery letter

sarah707
21-08-2013, 07:39 PM
I have been asked to give advice about debt recovery and how to write a debt letter ... so I thought I would share it with everyone.

There is also a useful document in free resources which gives advice about staying debt free.

I hope you follow the advice in the first paragraph and never have to use it... :D

Please remember I am not a debt recovery expert! The advice I give is best practice only. If you need further support you should always contact your insurance company legal help line!

Rick
21-08-2013, 07:42 PM
That's a keeper but I hope I never need to write one! :laughing:

Simona
25-08-2013, 10:39 AM
I totally endorse the need to keep a deposit as Sarah mentions ...
I would recommend 4 weeks to give cms an acceptable time to act in case of non payment...at the end of the 4 weeks the deposit will cover your fees and care ends

Deposits are allowed to be retained as long you make it clear they will be refunded following appropriate 'end of contract' notification
Cms can also mentioned that they can be used in instances of non payment to recover fees owed
With this in mind parents will be less prone to owe you money

Thanks Sarah for this reminder...it should become standard policy that no cm 'ever' is owed money!

shortstuff
25-08-2013, 08:31 PM
thanks as always Sarah, Ive saved it in the vain hope that as i have it I wont need it x

Mrsh3103
27-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Thank you Sarah. I hope I never have to use this! I've saved it just incase