PDA

View Full Version : Planning permission

sarah707
21-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Did you know that if you register an assistant so that you can increase the number of children you care for... you might well need planning permission?

And that if you do not have planning permission you might not be insured?

Here is some information about planning permission I hope you find it useful :D

knittaroo
15-10-2013, 12:15 PM
So after no response from 3 emails I rang my local council yesterday (South Cambs) and asked to speak to someone in planning. The lady I spoke to asked what it was in relation to, so I explained I was a childminder looking to get an assistant, and I wanted to check if I needed planning permission to expand my business. She said it wasn't an issue for planning as I'm not making any structural changes to the building, and despite my telling her repeatedly that sometimes expanding a childminding business can mean planning permission and I wanted to check for my insurance she would not put me through and said that she would get someone from environmental health to ring me back. I have NO idea why she thinks environmental health will have anything to do with it! What shall I do now? I am only looking to get one assistant, two days a week, and do not think I need it having looked at everything on here - my home will still promarily be a home not a business. Unsure how long to persevere with them being so unhelpful or whether I can genuinely say I have been told by the council I don't need planning - bearing in mind I have no idea if she was a switch board operator or someone with any authority!