PDA

View Full Version : disclosures- £52!

louise ann
21-08-2013, 02:30 PM
My daughter turned 16 in June so at the beginning of June i sent the forms off for her to have a CRB check. At the end of the month i had a letter from Ofsted to say that the system is changing and i would have to apply online. They gave me a ref code and i've just been online and its going to cost me £52! In June it would have been £0! If they'd hurried up with the application then i wouldn't have to had paid anything- feeling cross!
Does that mean that a new childminder with 2 teenagers living at home would have to pay over £200 for disclosures?

amylouise867
21-08-2013, 02:42 PM
My daughter turned 16 in June so at the beginning of June i sent the forms off for her to have a CRB check. At the end of the month i had a letter from Ofsted to say that the system is changing and i would have to apply online. They gave me a ref code and i've just been online and its going to cost me £52! In June it would have been £0! If they'd hurried up with the application then i wouldn't have to had paid anything- feeling cross!
Does that mean that a new childminder with 2 teenagers living at home would have to pay over £200 for disclosures?

Sadly yes,

The tutor I'm doing a course with said they used to say to people get as many people CRB checked as you like because it's free.

So this would be friends and family that may pop in occasionally while you have your mindees etc.

Well this FREE service has been abused obviously and can no longer be offered. It's the same as everything.... People take advantage :/ but jumping from £0- £52 or how ever much it is is very very steep indeed.

I'm not suprized your cross!!

There is nothing worse when it's such a small time frame too...

Have you applied for an received the £250 new child care grant? Hopefully that will help you out a little.

Amy :) xx

lizduncan72
21-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I thought I was bad having to pay £25 for my daughter's Disclosure check (Scottish version of CRB!!)

emma04
21-08-2013, 04:03 PM
The DBS through Ofsted's link : capita company are only £44

louise ann
21-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Thanks for your reply guys.
I'm not a new childminder so can't apply for the start up grant.
The disclosure is £44 + £6.80 admin charge - more info here - Ofsted DBS Application - FAQs (http://www.ofsteddbsapplication.co.uk/FAQs)
I've emailed my early years advisor to ask why we have to pay for DBS checks?

eddie
22-08-2013, 07:53 AM
My son is 16 in December so will have to fork out for a check then. It's just yet another cost involved as if there weren't enough already.

amylouise867
22-08-2013, 08:09 AM
My son is 16 in December so will have to fork out for a check then. It's just yet another cost involved as if there weren't enough already.

Thing is they are complaining there isn't enough childminders & the number of them has halved.

All these costs don't help do they?! :/ x

eddie
22-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Thing is they are complaining there isn't enough childminders & the number of them has halved.

All these costs don't help do they?! :/ x

Exactly yet all the focus is on how terribly expensive childcare is. Not surprising when we have to buy insurance, register with the Ico, DBS checks, higher car insurance, training etc....

keely81
22-08-2013, 08:54 AM
I am going through the registration process and I too couldn't believe the costs involved ,2 dbs checks on top of all the other costs ,very expensive.