PDA

View Full Version : Phew wiping my forehead................

FussyElmo
19-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I have managed to get some adware on my computer oyodomo or something.

I have had to rest my laptop back to default settings. I have now also put some malware protection on the laptop too and all without asking dh :D

Feeling quite technical tonight now :laughing::laughing::laughing:

smurfette
19-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I have managed to get some adware on my computer oyodomo or something.

I have had to rest my laptop back to default settings. I have now also put some malware protection on the laptop too and all without asking dh :D

Feeling quite technical tonight now :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Go you whoop whoop!

ruby
19-08-2013, 08:07 PM
that's great i wouldn't now where to start

cathy

MessybutHappy
19-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I have little idea of what you are taking about, but you sound very pleased, so....Well Done!!!!!!:-D

SteffiM
19-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Well done I don't have a clue about that sort of thing. Very technical!

sarah707
19-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Whoooo! :clapping::clapping:

hectors house
19-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Well done for sorting this out - makes me so angry that some nasty, spiteful people have got nothing better to do than invent all these horrible things like malware, adware, viruses that lock your computer or can disable your virus protection - ahhhhhh :angry:

The Juggler
19-08-2013, 09:39 PM
ooh well done you. when this happens on my PC (a few times lately it seems to disable my security from loading properly though my security still blocks it from loadin). I get loads of pop ups asking me to 'clean up' or 'free up diskspace' on my pc. It's scary how easily they can get it. :panic: very impressed you sorted it solo honey :clapping::clapping:

FussyElmo
20-08-2013, 09:16 AM
I am proud of the fact I was able to remove it. Good old google :clapping::clapping:

Im thinking this particular malware attached itself to dropbox yesterday.

But we had one a few years ago which had attached itself to an update from avg we had to pay to get that one removed.

This is the malware I have installed and its free if anyone needs some protection.

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer (http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/)

shortstuff
20-08-2013, 02:27 PM
you should be very proud x i wouldnt even attempt it lol x