PDA

View Full Version : new child minder in need of some help please

Beckytechie
19-08-2013, 10:57 AM
hello,

im just setting up as a child minder. i have got all my policies and procedurs in places and am ready to go at home. I'm just confused about contracts and who to get insured with. i was going to us NCMA and buy their starter kit which includes insurance and all paperwork but i hear that there insurance is not that good. can someone please point me in the right direction. also if any one has a sample contract that they could emial that would be fantasic and i have no idea what to put in my if i decide to write my own.

many thanks

becky:):)

Mrs Scrubbit
19-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi and welcome, I've always used PACEY(NCMA) and have had no issues with any of their paperwork and I am also insured through them ,have been for over 23yrs now. You will find that people use a variety of different companies,just wait for a few more answers and then do a little research on all and see which one meets your needs, hth xx

Beckytechie
19-08-2013, 12:28 PM
thank you for your responce i will keep looking. do you use their contracts?

rickysmiths
19-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I don't know where you heard that Pacey (NCMA) insurance isn't as good?

I have been a member for 20 years and have been insured through them for 13 years (prior to that my LA via Social Services provided PL insurance we had to arrange our own when Ofsted took over) with no problems at all. I have used their Legal Services with success and no problems either.

They offer the same cover as other in fact a bit better because they cover a larger total number of children in your care and they don't automatically charge you for Employer's Insurance which you will need if you ever have an Assistant, they allow you to purchase that (only £10 extra) if and when you need it whereas MM include it in their PL insurance so everyone pays for it even if they don't need it. No a very fair service I would say. There insurance it a lot more expensive than Pacey. Pacey is £27 this year and MM was £44 if they haven't put their prices up in the last 12 months.

FussyElmo
19-08-2013, 12:46 PM
You will find there are various views on the different insurances. Sarah707 did this post detailing all the different options

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/independent-childminding-chat/120874-membership-insurance-options.html

Whereas Rickysmiths is correct NCMA/pacey insurance is cheaper you do have to buy the membership to get this rate so it then it becomes £70+. Not sure of the correct amount Im sure someone will come and tell me :)

Just edited to say it £92 for ncma/pacey membership and insurance combined :-)

BlondeMoment
19-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi there.
I used NCMA insurance and starter kit when I first started out and it was all really helpful with getting me on my feet.
Once you've been minding a year or two you'll have had time to look at other options and start designing your own contracts and record forms etc.
To make your life as stress free as you can I'd definitely join NCMA (now PACEY) for now.
Good luck!

Rachel6
19-08-2013, 06:55 PM
I use MM fantastic & paperwork is really simple to use :-)