PDA

View Full Version : policies and procedures

caraxx
18-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi I have recently started childming, but I don't understand how to write out policies and procedures can anyone give me an example? also as soon as I get a child to look after do I have to observe them from day 1 and write it down? thanks

charlottenash
18-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Did u not do that in your course? I'm sure it's a requirement that the course has to cover policies and procedures?

I do one observation a fortnight roughly, can be more, can be less depends on what the child is upto, how often they are here etc.

charlottenash
18-08-2013, 09:38 AM
I start with 'starting points' to show where the child is in development matters when they come to you. Then you can show progress with 'next steps' to show how your helping the child reach them through planning and provide evidence through observations.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Have you completed your local course as this covers all of this and it is a requirement of Ofsted that you do before you can even put in your application to them to become a childminder

Tealady
18-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Bromley Childminding Association have very good examples of Policies and Procedures. Just Google them and you will get their website.

You should be observing them from day one to get their starting points, then as you see development you write up what you observe. I find I can do anything between 1-4 a month depending on what they are up to.