PDA

View Full Version : Ou room

Gem wright
17-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello, how can I gain access to the ou room? I've been told when I first started but can't remember what I was told.........

I'm starting my early years degree in October so would really love to be able to access the ou forum.

joanne38
06-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Hello, how can I gain access to the ou room? I've been told when I first started but can't remember what I was told.........

I'm starting my early years degree in October so would really love to be able to access the ou forum.

Hi Gem

I'm not sure what you mean by OU room?
I'm onto my second year.. this year my page opens on the 25th September and then the view you get when you log onto online tma/ema changes and you access all your activities and assignments & timetable etc...

not sure if this what your meaning? at the moment I see my info and and history, forums etc... it looks official, then my actual course starts on the 5th October!

Hope this helps and good luck with the course
Jo x

sarah707
06-09-2013, 02:58 PM
You need to send me a message and ask :D

WibbleWobble
06-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi Gem

I'm not sure what you mean by OU room?
I'm onto my second year.. this year my page opens on the 25th September and then the view you get when you log onto online tma/ema changes and you access all your activities and assignments & timetable etc...

not sure if this what your meaning? at the moment I see my info and and history, forums etc... it looks official, then my actual course starts on the 5th October!

Hope this helps and good luck with the course
Jo x

We have an open university forum on here. You need to have so many posts to your name and message sarah707 with a request. I think it's a bit quiet at the mo as we are waiting for modules to start.

I am starting my fourth module of the BA in childhood studies.
It's an addictive learning experience!

I have done
E100
E105
E212

Starting E214 in sept

So if you need any help ....

Wibble xxxx

joanne38
06-09-2013, 04:54 PM
We have an open university forum on here. You need to have so many posts to your name and message sarah707 with a request. I think it's a bit quiet at the mo as we are waiting for modules to start.

I am starting my fourth module of the BA in childhood studies.
It's an addictive learning experience!

I have done
E100
E105
E212

Starting E214 in sept

So if you need any help ....

Wibble xxxx

Ok Wibble..

I have done E100 starting E105 in October after taking a year out so a bit nervous but like you it is a bit addictive, I feel a lot more motivated and inspired while studying so hoping i enjoy E105 as much as the last one :/

Jo x

WibbleWobble
06-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Ok Wibble..

I have done E100 starting E105 in October after taking a year out so a bit nervous but like you it is a bit addictive, I feel a lot more motivated and inspired while studying so hoping i enjoy E105 as much as the last one :/

Jo x

I loved E100... Learned so much. E105 was...well...annoying! I would advise you keep to the planner. It's very fiddly!

Wibble x

skyblue
06-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi, Sorry to interrupt!
I was just wondering can you get any help with funding with this course?

joanne38
06-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Hi, Sorry to interrupt!
I was just wondering can you get any help with funding with this course?

Hello

I got funded so far through the local council but that is now no longer available so if I'm to continue after this I will have to fund myself. its not always cheap but I have transitional fees applied so I'm not paying as much considering the changes that came into play, you can apply for student loans and check out your local authority too..

Hope that helps
Jo x

WibbleWobble
06-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Hello

I got funded so far through the local council but that is now no longer available so if I'm to continue after this I will have to fund myself. its not always cheap but I have transitional fees applied so I'm not paying as much considering the changes that came into play, you can apply for student loans and check out your local authority too..

Hope that helps
Jo x

Same here, got funded for two modules then nothing, but it is worth it (and I am on transitional fees)

Wibble the skint x

skyblue
07-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Thank you! I would really like to do this but not sure I can afford to. Trying to save for a mortgage at the moment!
So, in theory would I be able to get a student loan to pay the fees and then pay that back when I earn over a certain amount?

WibbleWobble
07-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Thank you! I would really like to do this but not sure I can afford to. Trying to save for a mortgage at the moment!
So, in theory would I be able to get a student loan to pay the fees and then pay that back when I earn over a certain amount?

Yes....that's right.

Wibble x