PDA

View Full Version : #Ofsted big conversation

Simona
17-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Meetings are being arranged all over the country to discuss Ofsted and inspections
The campaign has started on twitter with the #ofstedbigconversation...so if you are there please follow it.

This is the result of providers concerned about inspections, what is triggering them and grading.

I will be going to the London meeting on 13 September...there will be more news on Monday when June O'Sullivan publishes her next blog...cms are included in this and we must be heard

Will follow it up with updates as I get them

charlottenash
17-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Just looking at the hash tag over on twitter. Very interesting thank you,

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't follow twitter but this is starting to make me feel like I should

Please keep us posted

Amandak28
17-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Will go and follow. Keep us updated :-)

Mouse
17-08-2013, 06:10 PM
I don't follow twitter but this is starting to make me feel like I should

Please keep us posted

I don't use twitter either. I rely on others to let me know what's going on!

Simona
17-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Sarah is unable to attend the meeting in her NW area but I intend to be at the London meeting and feedback to you all

Watch this post as more news will be posted...together we can be heard
Agenda will follow on Monday...

Rachel6
17-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Sorry I don't do twitter,so please keep us posted, also if we can help in any other way x

rickysmiths
17-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Where and what time is the meeting in London? Do you have any days, dates times or locations of other meetings around the Country? Could you post precise details so others can see if they can attend please?

Simona
17-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Where and what time is the meeting in London? Do you have any days, dates times or locations of other meetings around the Country? Could you post precise details so others can see if they can attend please?

The agenda will be published on Monday when June O'Sullivan posts her blog which I will share here...as you are on Facebook you can also follow news from there
The date for London is Friday 13 September ...that is all I know from the tweets exchanges with June
I will keep everyone updated on what is to follow and what will happen at these meetings

jackie 7
17-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Tried to follow but can't.

Simona
17-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Tried to follow but can't.

If you are on twitter follow #ofstedbigconversation...on Facebook I am not sure but I know it will be there somewhere
I have also added info on Pacey local for those who access it

Monday is when we get more info...keep checking here!

Simona
18-08-2013, 07:28 AM
For those who missed it this is June O'Sullivan's blog which started the ball rolling...it will give you the info you need to understand why these meetings are being arranged

Is the current Ofsted strategy masking something far more sinister? | June O'Sullivan's blog | London Early Year's Foundation (http://www.leyf.org.uk/blog/is-the-current-ofsted-strategy-masking-something-far-more-sinister/)

The London meeting is at 3pm but have no address at present..will come back with that as soon as I have it..please attend if you can

sarah707
18-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Unfortunately the Manchester date clashes with the Pacey ARM in Stockport which I have already paid to attend - and not being a magician I cannot split myself in half.

It's a pity because this is a campaign I have already been talking about on FB and Twitter, I have written and published a letter to Ofsted and it is something I feel very strongly about.

I am sure Simona will do an excellent job on behalf of us all! :D

miffy
18-08-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm not on twitter or Facebook so very grateful for Simona and Sarah for keeping us updated on here.

I would also like to know when the full list of meetings is published.

Miffy xx

Simona
18-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Miffy...once we get the agenda with locations and times I will share it here

I am sure that one of the aims is to understand the concerns we have about inspections...what triggers them, what is the result, has the grading gone down?

If this is it then we will need to collect examples/concerns...I am sure it will be no names mentioned but let me come back when June's blog is out tomorrow...what I gather is that they want solutions and suggestions from us...in a way is positive engagement they are looking for

Now Sarah ...I am disappointed you are not able to be in 2 places at once? have you no wings?
I am sure the topic will also be raised at the pacey event

miffy
18-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks Simona, I will check back tomorrow.

Miffy xx

suziealderton
19-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi anymore news? X thanks

Simona
19-08-2013, 02:36 PM
I have just accessed the blog and you can see there are 5 meetings already arranged while others can be arranged even for small groups

There are 10 questions that will be discussed at the meetings...are they inclusive of cms? are you happy or have any other issues you wish to be raised?

The best way would be to comment on June's blog or if we gather some information here I will take it with me as I will be attending the London event on Friday 13 September

Get on Board Ofsted: Listen and Respond to the #OfstedBigConversation | June O'Sullivan's blog | London Early Year's Foundation (http://www.leyf.org.uk/blog/get-on-board-ofsted-listen-and-respond-to-the-ofstedbigconversation/)

If you wish to follow #OfstedBigConversation twitter and LinkedIn are the best places or please subscribe to June blog and anytime there are comments or new blogs you will be immediately updated