PDA

View Full Version : How do you show you have covered next steps?

Cassie
17-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm trying to get up to date with paperwork today and getting nowhere!!! On my obs sheet i have added a space for "Evidence of next steps" here i put a date for when i carried out or saw the next step.... do i need to do this? Obviously some development is on-going but i have it in my head that i need to show evidence for every next step that i plan and my paperwork is taking over my life!!!! :blush:

chriss
17-08-2013, 04:04 PM
not even thought of evidencing it in particular, is it not obvious from the follow on observations and next steps ?

Cassie
17-08-2013, 04:11 PM
It is obvious Chris if you look through the folder properly...but i'm thinking that the limited time Ofsted have with you if i date the relevant next step they can see quite easily that they are being covered...am i over thinking it??

chriss
17-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Good point. they can then see at a glance without having to search for info.

Rick
17-08-2013, 04:35 PM
My next steps go at the bottom of my obs which go in the LJs. I simply handwrite when that next step was carried out or say 'ongoing'.

You can also use trackers such as this in free resources:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/Tracking%20obs%20%26%20planning.pdf

rachelle
17-08-2013, 06:10 PM
My next steps are covered in a termly (ish) summary - I put "my next step was to begin to use toys to represent items in role play" Rachelle helped me do this by ...... and then pictures of a few occasions I've caught them doing it, if i have.

Some are just text - like potty training - I don't do photos of that!

Works well for me :)

Mrs Scrubbit
17-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I always include either written evidence and/or a photo taken of next steps and place in the LJ, as all my pages are numbered I then simply write, in red, following a next step ' ->pg 24 ' so that parents or OFSTED can then just flick quickly to page to see how the child acomplished it xx

Rick
17-08-2013, 07:04 PM
I always include either written evidence and/or a photo taken of next steps and place in the LJ, as all my pages are numbered I then simply write, in red, following a next step ' ->pg 24 ' so that parents or OFSTED can then just flick quickly to page to see how the child acomplished it xx

Yes I do something very similar