PDA

View Full Version : I need help with getting children on roll

Ripley96
13-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi, I became a childminder in march, but I don't have any children on roll, I have had cards made and put loads out, and i'm on all the websites and forums and chatted to lots of parents, but still nothing, could someone advise me as to what else I could do, or if you know any parent/parents wanting childcare, to pass them on to me please. I need help... I live in the LS16 Horsforth area.

benandjerrys
14-08-2013, 07:07 PM
What about speaking to other child minders close by and giving them your number to pass on to parents who they cannot help? You could also go to childminding play groups to get yourself known.

blue bear
14-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Most of my work comes from word of mouth,try going along to toddler groups,advertise yourself by playing with the children. Mu Facebook page generates work. Make friends with other minders offer to cover sickness and holiday leave to get yourself a reputation going.
Offer temp services such as shopping afternoons/hospital appointments. Try advertising your services at baby weigh clinics etc.
Get some magnets from vista print for your car.
Is there a vacancy
It's holder in your area?ring round a few local childminders and ask, most childminders are only to willing to help a newbie, we are in a very lonely profession if we don't make friends.

jazzyjenbo
14-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Are you registered with your local council children's services? I get emails from mine when a parent has contacted them, they email all the childminders on their list.
Have you contacted all the childrens centres locally to introduce yourself and ask if you can leave your details?
Have you got a facebook page? Something simply like mine .. 'prestwich childminder' or if you have a business name?
Check out careUK.com (i think it is) local parents advertise their care needs and you can apply fir the job.
Ring all the local colleges, unis, and see if they have a list that they provide new students needing childcare with.
Ring other local childminders and introduce yourself and see if they have a local network that you could join and pass on your details incase they are full.
Good luck.. Soon enough you will be back to work. My maternity leave finished in feb, so i wanted and needed to get mindies on, took my until beginning if june to get 1 (12 month old) 2 days a week, just started another 3 days a week, and start some before schoolies in september (also hav my own 2 yr old and 1 yr ols)

X x

Ripley96
15-08-2013, 08:39 AM
thanks for your help, i'll try all suggestions, :)