PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding course

katie90
12-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Hi I am wondering do I need to redo my safeguarding I did it on my level 3 and I have the certificate do I have to do it again, does a safeguarding certificate expire?

SteffiM
13-08-2013, 05:28 AM
I might be wrong but I think they expire after 3 years (maybe 2) so yes you will have to do it again then x

Bumble Beez
13-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Yes...they do expire and mine always say when on my certificate...

I do a refresher within three years to keep mine up to date :)

sarah707
13-08-2013, 07:05 AM
It is good practice to update after 3 years - currently the training has to be LA approved - this is one of the things that might be changing with the revisions in the EYFS because there aren't many LAs left! :rolleyes:

Hth :D

Simona
13-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Although many EY teams are disappearing every LA will still have a Safeguarding dept and Local Safeguarding Childrens Board (LSCB) in place.

Each LSCB will have its own conditions and ways of be contacted in case of child protection concerns from providers
Child Protection is still a 'compulsory' training and has to reflect our own LA's guidance, therefore, I would assume it is still the duty of each LA to provide whether directly or via training providers approved by them

Without a valid Child Protection refresher and certificate an inspector will be given a valid opportunity to downgrade a cm...check it out for your own peace of mind!!