PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance

Natalierose
12-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm under the impression that all I need to do is is declare with my car insurer that I will be using my car for business, which I have.
I was expecting there to be more to it than that and that I would have to get a certain childminding car insurance that would cover it more in detail.
So the question I have is ..... Is it correct that I just have to declare that I use it got business use with my current provider?
Thanks in advance
Nat x

shortstuff
12-08-2013, 11:47 AM
I believe it is business class one that you need?

hectors house
12-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Some insurance companies make a big thing of it and either won't quote or want to charge a fortune - some just need to be told that you are a childminder and need business cover and the increase in minimal. Just make sure you read your policy when it arrives and check it says in writing you have got business use and put copy in your portfolio to show prospective parents when they visit.

sarah707
12-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Make sure your policy says business class 1 insured for childminding use and you will be fine :D

moggy
12-08-2013, 06:54 PM
You may also want to consider if your policy covers a courtesy car (do you rely on car for your CMing- school runs etc? could you cope with no car?) and your roadside assistance in case you have mindees in the car if you breakdown (Some insurances do joint insurance and breakdown cover)

Natalierose
12-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Thank you for replying x