PDA

View Full Version : pre-registration

yasmine
08-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone,

I am in my pre-registration process for to be child minder. It s now 16 weeks since I sent my full application and I still waiting for O call. it is really frustrating. is it normal . That is it take so long?

sarah707
08-08-2013, 05:01 PM
16 weeks is a very long time to wait if you have finished your course and you have put in your application.

It's always worth giving Ofsted a ring and asking what is holding things up - there might be a problem with a reference or something might be lost / stuck.

Hopefully it will hurry up for you! :D

Rick
08-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Yes I was waiting for my certificate, only to find out that Ofsted were waiting for confirmation that I had done my first aid. Something the inspector checked during my inspection.

Give them a ring, sometimes things go awry!

Nickidela
08-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Hi. I know exactly how you feel. I did my first aid in feb, pre-reg course in march, application got sent off beginning of April, I finally got the call yesterday. I've been chasing ofsted since June, there were a couple of hold ups which resulted in management at ofsted getting on the case to speed it up! I can't believe how long it's taken - its worth chasing ofsted regularly, find out what's holding it up. X