PDA

View Full Version : PLI HELP PLEASE !!!

Natalierose
07-08-2013, 10:20 PM
So I passed my registration inspection today and have been planning on becoming a member of pacey and buying their PLI yet I'm not reading great things about pacey at the moment. Any ideas, opinions or suggestion about pacey on a whole would be great. Thank you in advance.

Nat x

Bumble Beez
08-08-2013, 05:39 AM
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/independent-childminding-chat/120874-membership-insurance-options.html

Try this link to look at different options available.

Personally I haven't ever had any problems with PACEY and am happy with my choice...you do have to become a member with them before buying insurance and you have to use their contracts too.
I have never had to claim, so can't comment on that side tho sorry.
I have been considering changing to MM recently...and may do that when my renewal is up again.

Sarah x

Simona
08-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Many option out there but please remember Pacey is a 'representing' association while Morton Michel is only an organization providing insurance

At the very moment as a cm you have to think about having someone who represents you...such as Pacey, PLA, UKCMA or *******...or just being totally independent

Even though I have been childminding for 12 years I too am at a crossroads and looking where to go when my m'ship comes up for renewal in less than 3 weeks time...

Chatterbox Childcare
08-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't think you will go wrong with Pacey. I left and went back because the insurance cover was more in line with what I needed (it will be said that the insurance company is the same but the actual cover is different so I would urge you to check the small print to see what you need)

As others have commented, Pacey represents childminders and other companies are just insurance? I think Pacey allow your voice to be heard.

Simona
08-08-2013, 07:20 PM
We need to clarify that all the associations I listed represent cms....******* has been starred out not sure why?
Morton Michel is the only one who only offers insurance ....they do not engage in policy making with the govt

I believe you can buy insurance from MM and m'ship only from the others

Natalierose
08-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks for replying I've today become a member of pacey and bought there insurance also.
Nat x

Chatterbox Childcare
16-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks for replying I've today become a member of pacey and bought there insurance also.
Nat x

You get a lot more one you have joined. Go to the website and login with your membership number. There is too much to list but the 24 hour helpline is brilliant and it doesn't have to be about childcare either :)

Each year Pacey run forums and there is one on in your area in September so if you fancy seeing how the organisation runs why not have a look on Pacey Local and then come along and have your say.

Natalierose
17-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks chatterbox I think I will x