PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance

JCrakers
07-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Not sure if this is in the correct place.

I have a few questions about Car insurance I'm hoping someone can shed light. :D

My MIL has a car which she's not using. Its a Y reg Fiat Punto. Its only worth about £1000 so she said I can use it as a little run-a-round so I can get out with the children.

Firstly I'm not sure whether to keep it registered in her name or register it to my name.

I've looked at business insurance but the problem I have is although I've owned cars in the past I've been a named driver on my husbands company car policy for more than 10yrs. So I don't have any No claims discount of my own. I used to have a Citroen C3 about 6yrs ago but we put my dh down as Main driver, I was second Driver.

So does anyone know if companies will accept No claims if its on my dh work insurance policy. Without any NCD I'm looking at over £620 a year which is ridiculous as I'm 38, been driving since 17 and only ever had 1 accident when I skidded on some ice and damaged the front wheel.

I've only done internet quotes so far as I don't have time to ring in at the moment

Chatterbox Childcare
07-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Why not insure it in your hubbys name with you as a named driver. You can both be covered for class 1 business use then