PDA

View Full Version : ipad??

adele1985
06-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Thinking of buying a ipad but a bit apprehensive as ive always had a windows laptop

I lovrd my iPhone and how easy it is to use iust uograded to a Samsung galaxy as the screen was bigger

Has anyone got a ipad

Would I still be able to do all my paoerwork on it I use word and publisher on a daily basis for making new documents and observations for childminding I also usr exel spreadsheet for my accounts

Are these still available for ipads or something similar

How easy is it to print from the ipad

Do they have a disk drive

Any info would be helpful xx

Rachel6
06-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm loving my iPad,I'm not really into technology but this is so easy even I can use it x

Rachel6
06-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Forgot to say you can get loads of apps for things you need,I use pages!!

charlottenash
06-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Ok I don't know a lot of technical stuff but I've always had a fairly up to date iPad since they came out.

They don't have a disk drive. You cannot insert CDs, DVDs, usbs or SD cards into them.

I believe there are apps for word etc, but I've never found one that works the way I would want.

Never tried printing, I do believe there is an extension you can buy to plug into printer but I'm not sure how easy it is. I would imagine it being difficult.

Not really sure how much help that is, I wouldn't rely on it for work purposes at all.

charlottenash
06-08-2013, 05:59 PM
As for excel... No chance of the extensive tools you get on a laptop working on an iPad.

kellib
06-08-2013, 06:00 PM
I don't have an iPad, yet! But printing from an iPhone is really easy if you have a wireless printer so imagine it'll be the same for the iPad.

I'm getting one for my birthday in October, I can't wait!!

mrs robbie williams
06-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I didn't know u can print from an iPhone, can u tell me how to do it x

Bumble Beez
06-08-2013, 06:47 PM
I love my ipad...wouldn't be without it.

I use it all the time for work, but not word, excel etc...

Although the apps are awesome that I use.

I print wirelessly so that works well for me...although I have to admit it doesn't take away the need for a pc

Sarah x

WibbleWobble
06-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I am sending you this from my ipad.....all the way from southern France!

Not opened my laptop yet or used my iPhone! ( brought laptop as I have a uni assignment to hand in when I get home)

Wibble the techno techno techno girl! X

TooEarlyForGin?
06-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I can't print via my Epsom printer, but believe you can do it with a wireless, HP.

Try "cloud on" app, it links up to Dropbox and other online storage things, and you can update word documents on it. It's not perfect, I've not had time to use it much, but found it quite useful.

littletreasures
06-08-2013, 07:18 PM
I print wirelessly via Epson printer. Works really well.

I have Pages and Numbers. Numbers is supposed to be like Excel, but it doesn't do what I want it to do, but that doesn't mean it's rubbish ;)

I love my Ipad and I have the 1st gen Ipad. I am thinking about upgrading it, but wondering whether to go for the Ipad 5 when it comes out or getting a Samsung or something different.

PiperPup
07-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi
I have an ipad and it works a treat
However you are resrcited sometimes, for instance its not great for lots of typing can be a bit labour intensive as obs you have a touchpad
Regarding printing, Apple have a thing called airprint, this is for printing from apple devices such as iohone, ipad etc. you can find the official list of airprint printers on their site, i would post a link but as i am a newbie i might not be allowed!
Also, there are numerous apps for the ipad, for instance if u installed print n share that should let u print to any printer

Hopes this clarifies it a little

adele1985
07-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Really not sure what to do now

Lol ive confused myself even more now

Not sure what to get an ipad or a windows tablet :-s

Any thoughts

Do u stilk get apps on a tablet

My idea was an ipad may not get as many viruses and run alot faster then the net book I have currently