PDA

View Full Version : Tax returns / accountants and mortgages?

cloud9
05-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I have been going since 2006 and have always done my own accounts and tax returns. Last year I changed the status of the business to a partnership so this is where it gets tricky.
I now need to file a personal tax return for me, another for hubby and another for the partnership so its all getting a bit time consuming. I probably could still handle this however when we are looking to getting a mortgage soon which affects us.

we went for a mortgage last year and we was advised that we needed an accountant to go over the accounts and verify them to get a mortgage or we would have to go to someone who would do a self cert for us.

Does anyone know if this is correct and if so how far back to I have to get my accounts certified for and does anyone know of anyone who can do this and the costs involved?

Chatterbox Childcare
05-08-2013, 12:23 PM
I have an accountant to audits my books and submits the partnership return and 2 personal returns (he does house books too as I have rentals) and he gives me a profit and loss on headed paper. Total cost is £400 but he saves me this much..

cloud9
08-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Hi , do they do accounts like this from e mail/post?

Chatterbox Childcare
08-10-2013, 02:19 PM
No - to be an accountant and give you a profit and loss they need to see your paperwork and accounts. Mine collects all mine and then returns it the following month.

I asked another childminder for recommendations..

the partnership return had to be in by 31st July I believe so you will need to get cracking or you will get a fine.

cloud9
08-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I hope its not 31st july!!

cloud9
08-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Just checked its not 31st july (panic over! ) its thr same deadlline as the individual deadlines

Chatterbox Childcare
10-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Just checked its not 31st july (panic over! ) its thr same deadlline as the individual deadlines

31st July must be the last day for online submission - sorry if I stressed you out :)