PDA

View Full Version : Registering as a childminder HELP me please :-O

Carly East Webb
04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Hello all you lovely childminders out there!Im not sure if I am writing this in the right place but here goes!
I am just in the process of becoming a childminder and would like a bit of help understanding and getting through the inspection!
I'm not very good at formulating answers I know what i'm doing with the children and how to do activities which involves all age groups as my own children are all different ages but i'm not sure how I would answer this lol.
If any one also has some tryed and tasted answers that work for the registration visit that would be lovely to know to see if i'm on the right track!
Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you :)

sarah707
05-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Most people wing it to be honest :laughing: It depends on your inspector - some will let you look at your notes and that makes it easier.

Make sure you can answer all the questions in here -

Ofsted Pre-Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/ofstedpreregistration.html)

this is what the inspector will be using to check your knowledge.

Good luck! Don't forget our members would love feedback when it's all over :D

Carly East Webb
05-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Most people wing it to be honest :laughing: It depends on your inspector - some will let you look at your notes and that makes it easier.

Make sure you can answer all the questions in here -

Ofsted Pre-Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/ofstedpreregistration.html)

this is what the inspector will be using to check your knowledge.

Good luck! Don't forget our members would love feedback when it's all over :D

Hi thanks :-) It says in the folder you are aloud your notes I was depending on them lol. I have tried to answer all the questions in there but I am stuck on a couple!So back to the drawing board lol yep of course can you let you all know how it goes :-) As there doesnt seem to be enough support for those who are just getting started the few people I know starting out all in the same position as myself we really dont know what is expected of us and its all very confusing and scary lol
thanks for your reply xx