PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Guidance for inspectors of EY settings

Simona
04-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Guidance for inspectors of EY settings for the EYFS 2012
The inspection regime will change again in Sept 2013 but this is useful anyway

Ofsted | Early years: June 2013 (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/early-years-june-2013)

sarah707
04-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Good to stay updated thank you Simona :D

lisbet
04-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for sharing.

I notice they are reminding inspectors that Development Matters is not statutory and telling them not to refer to it in their reports. I really think they are gearing up to replace it with something that fits with Truss' vision of formal learning in the early years. :(

sarah707
05-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Thanks for sharing.

I notice they are reminding inspectors that Development Matters is not statutory and telling them not to refer to it in their reports. I really think they are gearing up to replace it with something that fits with Truss' vision of formal learning in the early years. :(

Yes, that worries me too :( Play is about to disappear from the early years curriculum... if they remove it from EYFS as well I pity the children :(

Simona
05-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Thanks for sharing.

I think that Wilshaw has been making the same noises as Truss in all his recent announcements...in fact he has taken over from her...where is she? getting ready for promotion??
He is the one to look out for
He does talk about play but in a 'get ready for school' manner

I would never take play out of children's day with me, its in my planning and will remain there!..it is a right and it stays a right...and , like all your children, mine progress well, speak well, reason well, are polite, can count as necessary, can read and they are full of self esteem...all through play!

so Ofsted can do what it likes when they inspect me...what matters is the progress observed ...and, as it is achieved through play even better!!

Time we stood up to all this nonsense...my view!