PDA

View Full Version : Truss' letter to LAs about 2 year old funding

Simona
04-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Although this letter does not mention the inclusion of cms in the scheme it does not says we should be excluded either

The letter was sent to ALL LAs on 8 July therefore they cannot say they are still unsure or thinking about it...if you are fighting your LA do mention this letter....the Guidance published later reinforces Truss' message...for once I find myself agreeing with the Minister and on this she did listen.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/211313/080713_-_Letter_from_Elizabeth_Truss_MP_to_leaders_of_loca l_authorities.pdf

AgentTink
04-08-2013, 12:51 PM
i read this at the time it was sent out, and i am just fed up of nothing being clear and setting it out in black and white what LA's must do. even the statutory guidence document is still getting 'interpeted' by some LA's. Truss was told of the issues CM's have getting the funding so why not use this letter as a opportunity to set it out cleary. Once again as a lone worker i am having to fight my LA with no back up from anyone, on something that they should be doing anyway. it just frustrates me so much.

Simona
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
i read this at the time it was sent out, and i am just fed up of nothing being clear and setting it out in black and white what LA's must do. even the statutory guidence document is still getting 'interpeted' by some LA's. Truss was told of the issues CM's have getting the funding so why not use this letter as a opportunity to set it out cleary. Once again as a lone worker i am having to fight my LA with no back up from anyone, on something that they should be doing anyway. it just frustrates me so much.

We must keep banging at the door until LAs realise what they need to do
Mine has allowed cms to draw funding (see post in Important message about 2, 3 and 4 year old funding)

Some will relent some will still try to delay but in the end I hope we win...if not we send another stream of letters to the DfE
Also important to report to representing associations...they are aware and must act on our behalf!