PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 100 organizations show interest in agencies

Simona
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
This article is in PLA Under 5 PLA magazine

It does question the 21 letters against agencies and why the interested parties cannot be disclosed as it would inhibit policy making....oh dear do they really think we would buy that?

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/sectornews/27/nearly-100-organisations-express-interest-in-piloting-childminder-agencies

sarah707
04-08-2013, 09:13 AM
We have to get letter writing! It's all well and good PLA backing us like this - but we have to send in letters to show DfE the strength of feeling against agencies.

Only 21 letters against agencies my eye! We need hundreds and hundreds of letters to DfE against agencies - thousands even!

Here is a sample letter - I hope you use it to send or to inspire when you write your own -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/blogs/sarah707/71-childminder-response-govts-more-affordable-childcare-plan.html

adedwards68
04-08-2013, 09:55 AM
We have to get letter writing! It's all well and good PLA backing us like this - but we have to send in letters to show DfE the strength of feeling against agencies.

Only 21 letters against agencies my eye! We need hundreds and hundreds of letters to DfE against agencies - thousands even!

Here is a sample letter - I hope you use it to send or to inspire when you write your own -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/blogs/sarah707/71-childminder-response-govts-more-affordable-childcare-plan.html

Sarah. Sorry to sound completely thick but can we just print this letter off, sign it and send it off. Not v good at letter writing
How many members are on this forum, how many letters could that potentially be?

sarah707
05-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Sarah. Sorry to sound completely thick but can we just print this letter off, sign it and send it off. Not v good at letter writing
How many members are on this forum, how many letters could that potentially be?

Yes you can do that if you want - it's what I have done!! Just say on a cover note 'I agree with the contents of this letter' and sign it! :D

Tunja
05-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Yes you can do that if you want - it's what I have done!! Just say on a cover note 'I agree with the contents of this letter' and sign it! :D

I have been proposed as a consultant to inform research on what childminders think about agencies. I just need to produce a CV now. I will leave out anarchist though!:thumbsup:

Smiley
05-08-2013, 08:56 AM
That's great Tunja, what an opportunity :clapping:

Simona
05-08-2013, 09:17 AM
I have been proposed as a consultant to inform research on what childminders think about agencies. I just need to produce a CV now. I will leave out anarchist though!:thumbsup:

Well done...are you allowed to say who proposed you?

Cms have objected to agencies from the start, written thousands of letters and emails...now lost in cyberspace, the IPPR report involved1000 cms and 83% are against agencies

Sad this govt is not getting the message but we know Ofsted is driving agencies because of the huge savings in not inspecting agency cms....and also because agencies are self funded, if they fail the govt loses nothing!