PDA

View Full Version : new business

littlebears1009
03-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi i have just received my PL insurance certificate and registration certificate from ofsted today. I know it takes time to get mindees im just wondering if you can give me tips on how to advertise. Ive created a website, registered on childcare.co.uk, put a notice in my car and on the door of the local post office. I cant seem to work out how to advertise on my local Family information website.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

moggy
03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Phone Family Info service ASAP and ask them about their website and any other listings they have at Children & Family Centres.

There are other free websites like care . com , net mums local childcare pages , find a baby sitter web site. Facebook if you are into that.

Have you found a local CM group? CMs often pass on work when they can't take on someone.

Put word about- hand out business cards in school playground, put cards up in newsagents or any local play centres etc

Most of all- tell everyone! Mention it as much as you can- in the supermarket queue, to your neighbours, at the park/playground, friends etc etc, you never know- someone will know someone who is looking for a childminder and if they hear about you at the right moment you could get the call (carry business cards at all times ready to give out if anyone shows and interest)

Jenna
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
I just put notices up everywhere and any where from the chip shop and Chinese to newsagents, drs surgery, swimming pool and such like. The more they see ur name out there the more likely they are to call

littlebears1009
04-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Thank you for your advice. I havent been to any childminder groups yet as none seem to be on within the summer holidays.

kats
04-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Childcare.co.uk works for me every time:)

FizzWizz
04-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Magnets on the side of your car, some pretty good ones on vista print that are not expensive and quite eye catching as well as simple to make....

littlebears1009
05-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks, ive managed to get advertised on the FIS website local to n

littlebears1009
05-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks, ive ordered some car magnets and managed to get advertised on my local FIS website. Hopefully ill have some enquiries soon :-D

hectors house
05-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Most of all- tell everyone! Mention it as much as you can- in the supermarket queue, to your neighbours, at the park/playground, friends etc etc, you never know- someone will know someone who is looking for a childminder and if they hear about you at the right moment you could get the call (carry business cards at all times ready to give out if anyone shows and interest)

My family take bets on how long it will be before they hear me say to someone "I'm a Registered Childminder" when we are out and about! :laughing: