PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with application form

Petshrinklj
01-08-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm struggling on the provision section. It asks me how many kids i will care for in different age groups. how do i answer this i wont know untill i get someone wanting me to look after there kids. Or am I being really stupid.

The question is

Please specify the age ranges and number of children you will care for:
E3) Birth to under one year
One year to the end of the early years age group
E4) End of the early years age group to under eight
E5) Eight years to under 11 years
11 years to under 15 years
15 years to under 18 years

sarah707
01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
6 children under the age of 8 - of whom 3 will be under 5 - and one of the 3 under 5 can be a baby :D

Petshrinklj
02-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Thanks for your reply I'm just unsure how to put those numbers on the form. Would you recommend I put the maximum number for each age group on my application just in case? The reason I'm confused is if I'm allowed to have 1 under 1 so I could put 1 in first box but then I could only have 2 in 1-5 group. But if I didn't have a baby I could have 3 then. So would I put 2 or 3 in that box. Do you see why I'm confused. I'm not the best at explaining myself. I feel like the numbers I will look after will depend on things I don't know. And then for the 5 year plus agin I feel it would depend if I'm full on early years kids I doubt think I would want anymore but if I don't have any then I'd want a few. But if one of them is a handfull I'd want less than if the kids were happy to play together.

Will the numbers i put on the form be what ofsted will reg me for. I knew I'd have to stick with the 6 under 8 rule , 1 baby , 2 others under 5. But I thought for the over 8s I'd base how many I had on what the kids were like and how many other little ones I was looking after.

The question is how many will you look after rather than can you look after but particularly for the older kids I feel like this will depending on the dynamics of the group. When my son has his friends over one set play together really nice whereas one of his other friends needs a lot more supervision. So if I had the first set of friends i would be fine but his other friend would be enough on his own. Does that make sense?

LILAC_25
22-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Hi i was just wondering whether you eventually got the answer to this or what you put in the end as i have the same issue.

I'm struggling on the provision section. It asks me how many kids i will care for in different age groups. how do i answer this i wont know untill i get someone wanting me to look after there kids. Or am I being really stupid.

The question is

Please specify the age ranges and number of children you will care for:
E3) Birth to under one year
One year to the end of the early years age group
E4) End of the early years age group to under eight
E5) Eight years to under 11 years
11 years to under 15 years
15 years to under 18 years

mumofone
22-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Hmm I have the same question!!

ccsfv16
04-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Hi,any.idea on how to write about fitness of premises..
Lighting, ventilation and heating?